Study Abroad

Put yourself on the map.

Safety Abroad

State Department Resources

Register with the U.S. Embassy

If you need help in case of an emergency, you should first contact the
on-site coordinator for your program.  In addition, find the U.S. Embassy in the country you are visiting. Learn where it is located and its contact information.

More About U.S. Embassy Registration

Information for Students Abroad

When traveling abroad, you need more than just your backpack and flip flops. That's where we come in. We're here to make sure you're ready.

Visit Students Abroad Website

Travel Warnings

Travel Warnings are issued when long-term, protracted conditions that make a country dangerous or unstable lead the State Department to recommend that Americans avoid or consider the risk of travel to that country.

View Current Travel Warnings

Travel Alerts

Travel Alerts are issued to disseminate information about short-term conditions, either transnational or within a particular country, that pose significant risks to the security of U.S. citizens.

View Current Travel Alerts


ISIC Insurance

All Cal Lutheran students studying off-campus are issued an International Student ID Card (ISIC). This card provides students with many benefits, one being a supplementary form of travel insurance.

ISIC Insurance

EIIA International Travel Program

All Cal Lutheran students and faculty are covered by EIIA while on institution sponsored programs outside of the U.S., its territories and possessions, and Canada.

EIIA International Travel Program