Announcements for the week of July 16
- Funding is available from the Provost's Office for a limited number of faculty to attend and/or present at the Association of Lutheran College Faculties (ALCF) annual conference October 5-6 at Augsburg College in Minneapolis. The theme of the conference is Enhancing Teaching and Learning in Lutheran Higher Education Through Experience-Based Pedagogy, which ties in well to our new Strategic Plan. The deadline to submit a presentation proposal is August 3. Please click on this link to review the ALCF Call for Proposals. If you are interested in attending the conference, please email Judy Beaulieu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Save the Dates:
- President's Reception and Family Send-Off - Saturday, September 1, 5-6:30pm, President's Patio.
- Opening Academic Convocation - Tuesday, September 4, 9:30am, Gilbert Arena (Faculty meet in Lundring in regalia at 9am.)
- Freshmen Seminar Faculty - Please note that New Student Orientation occurs over Labor Day Weekend this year, with events involving Freshman Seminar Faculty being held Saturday, Sunday, and Monday (Labor Day). For more information contact Student Life at x3553.
- Upcoming events at the William Rolland Gallery of Fine Art. For more information, contat Jeff Phillips, curator, at x3697.
- An Afternoon with Bob Eubanks, Saturday, July 28, 2-4pm, Lundring Events Center.
- "Variations," Piano Recital with Master Pianist Mikael Oganes (Classic Western Theme Scores), Saturday, August 18, 2-5pm, William Rolland Gallery of Fine Art.
- Readings from the West, presented by the CLU English Department, Saturday, September 8, 2-4pm, William Rolland Gallery of Fine Art.
- Faculty Retreat (Full time faculty only), Wed., Aug. 29 – Thurs., Aug. 30, Ventura Beach Marriott. IF YOU HAVE NOT RSVP'D, PLEASE DO SO ASAP! Click here to RSVP: www.callutheran.edu/faculty/faculty_retreat_form.php .