Blackboard Resources for Faculty
- The Basics of Blackboard
- Understanding the Menu Buttons (NEW)
- Getting Started with the Course Environment
- Upload a Single File
- Hide a Discussion Forum
- Track Students' Activities on a Single Item in Blackboard
- Move Content Within a Course
- Delete an Item or File
- Adding Avatar to Blackboard
- Course Copy - To transfer materials from one course to another, make sure you are listed as Instructor in both sections. Each class will need to be active in the Blackboard course view. If a class is not currently listed, use the Import/Export features.
- Export/Save a Course - Use the export feature to save content from a course for use in future class semesters.
You should be exporting your course for every class you teach using Blackboard. We automatically remove and archive courses after 2 semesters.
- Import a Course - Use the import feature to take content from a course previously saved in a ZIP file and upload into an active class.
- Reorder your Blackboard Course List
- Download Class Roster
- Course Creation Schedule - Can't find your class in your my CLU course list? Check out the Course Creation Schedule to see if its been released yet. If it should have already been released, you might not be associated with it. Please contact your department head AND the registrar so they can get you into the system. After they do, your course will appear automatically in your myCLU course list.
- Grade Center Overview
- Add a Category
- Create/Edit a Weighted Column
- Download and Upload Roster and Grades
Tests, Quizzes, and Surveys
- Getting Started Building a Test
- Create a Test or Survey from a Word Doc
- Releasing a Test to Students
- Importing Tests, Surveys, and Pools
- Export a Test by Student and by Question
- Uploading a Test to Blackboard
- Getting Started with Groups
- Creating a Discussion Board
- Discussion Board Tools
- CafeScribe - Digital textbook platform
Import Camtasia Lectures
- Starting your First Session
- The Logistics of Running a Virtual Class Session
- Recording of a Blackboard Collaborate Training Session
- Student Welcome Slides - Ppt slides you can upload into your first Bb Collaborate session that give some basic information about how to interact using Collaborate
- Blackboard Collaborate Essentials Guide
- Bb Collaborate Full Moderator Guide
- Bb Collaborate Advanced Topics Guide