Boost Your Financial Skills
Managing your finances is just as important as funding your college education. Put simply, financial literacy is having all the facts so that you can make informed choices. This page will provide you with some tools and guides to help you learn what you need to know.
Life Skills: Taking Control of Your Success
Life Skills is a web-based program that will help you manage your time and money wisely both during and after college. It is an excellent way to take control of your finances and other important matters critical to your success.
To get started, create a new Life Skills account. You will need to enter the following information as part of the process:
- School Code: 00113300
- Student Access Code: 00113300-01
Make a Budget
Creating a budget can seem like a scary prospect if you've never done it before, which is why we've boiled it down to two easy steps:
- Step One: Take a deep breath.
- Step Two: Use our Monthly Budget Tool.
It does all the math for you! Use this tool (an Excel Spreadsheet) to get a better picture of where your money is going and how best to spend it. Understanding your finances will go a long way towards making your life both easier and happier.
Funding Your Education
These are resources that will aid you in seeking out financial aid to help pay for education-related expenses while you are in school:
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Financial Aid Information for Students
- College Board Scholarship Search
- Cal Lutheran Scholarship Search
- Financial Awareness Counseling
- Higher Education Tax Benefits
Help With What Comes Next
These resources will allow you to locate your loans and loan servicers. Also, you can learn about the multiple repayment plans available for federal student loans, as well as loan forgiveness programs.
- Access your Federal Student Loan Information
- Loan Repayment Options
- Loan Repayment Plans
- Loan Repayment Estimator and Comparison Tool
- Loan Repayment Calculator
- Federal Direct Consolidation Loan
- Teacher Loan Forgiveness
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
Additionally, the following programs offer federal student loan assistance to graduated students: