Support Staff Position (non-exempt)
Position TitleAdministrative Assistant - CLOSED TO NEW APPLICANTS AS OF 3/11/13 @5PM
DepartmentUniversity Advancement - Development
Salary ($US) and BenefitsHiring Range: $14.23 - $16.00
Basic FunctionUnder the direction of the Director of Development, perform a broad range of primary secretarial and administrative assistance responsibilities for the advancement efforts of the Graduate School of Education and School of Management.
Representative Duties• Perform secretarial and administrative support duties to relieve the Director of routine detail. E
• Organize, coordinate and oversee office activities; train and provide work direction to student worker. E
• Format, type and edit a variety of complex material from dictation, rough draft or notes including calendars, letters, memoranda, agendas, minutes of meetings, requisitions, etc. E
• Prepare and assemble materials for Dean’s Executive Board and Board of Counselor meetings, including the drafting of agendas, meeting notices, and various reports; attend Board and committee meetings and record minutes of meetings. E
• Arrange and schedule a variety of meetings and appointments; maintain calendars, make reservations and travel arrangements and complete expense reimbursements forms. E
• Establish and coordinate regular and special activities, events and meetings and arrange for auxiliary services, i.e., meeting rooms, refreshments, and accommodations for out-of-town members. E
• Assist in the development and preparation of reports, meeting materials and other documents as requested. E
• Assemble, organize and prepare data for records and reports; maintain a variety of logs, files and records. E
• Monitor progress of assigned projects; maintain record-keeping systems and develop schedules. E
• Compose correspondence, board minutes and written materials independently. E
• Monitor budget reports; review financial documents, records, lists, tables and other materials for accuracy, completeness and conformance with applicable rules and regulations. E
• Prepare materials for Graduate School of Education and School of Management newsletters, social media and other communications. E
• Assist with website editing and maintenance. E
• Acknowledge donations with written correspondence, phone calls, and receipt letters. E
• Analyze data and make recommendations, as appropriate. E
• Represent the Advancement Office at functions, meetings and events. E
• Work independently with little direction; plan and organize work. E
• Order and maintain inventory of office materials and supplies. E
• Perform related duties as assigned.
Knowledge OfModern office practices, procedures, equipment, and financial record-keeping techniques.
Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy;
Organizational skills and oral/written communication skills;
Computer proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook), web maintenance;
Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
Multi-line phone systems and telephone techniques and etiquette;
Principles of training and providing work direction;
Basic budgeting practices regarding monitoring and control.
Ability ToOperate office equipment including computers and supporting word processing, spreadsheet, publishing and database applications;
Type, keyboard and/or enter data;
Plan and organize work to meet changing priorities and deadlines;
Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing;
Answer telephone and greet the public courteously; relay messages; screen and route calls and visitors;
Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others;
Interact with a wide range of diversified internal and external constituents;
Compose correspondence and written materials independently;
Organize, coordinate and oversee office activities;
Work independently with little direction;
Be adaptable and flexible, as appropriate
Education and ExperienceAny combination equivalent to: two years college-level course work in business office technology or related field, and two years of responsible clerical experience involving public contact and use of a computer and office applications to enter and retrieve information.
Seeing to read a variety of materials
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
Hearing and speaking to exchange information and make presentations
Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
Bending and reaching to store and/or retrieve files
Application ProcedureCompleted Application Packet includes:
• Cover letter outlining your qualifications for this particular job
Only complete packets will be forwarded to the search committee. Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com, or mail to:
California Lutheran University
Human Resources, MC1100
60 W. Olsen Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
California Lutheran University is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process can be provided to individuals with qualifying disabilities. Please contact the Human Resources Department for further information or to request an accommodation.