Mary Jo Shane, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, MBA Student Advisor, Director of International Student Success
Hanson House School of Management
Mary Jo Shane, Ph.D. has worked in the field of change leadership and organizational effectiveness since 1991 with both profit generating organizations as well as non-profit foundations. She began working for California Lutheran University in 2005 and teaches MBA courses in Behavioral Science for Management, Training and Development and Applied International Management and is developing the online Organization Design course for the Experienced Professionals MBA Program. Dr. Shane has been the Academic Advisor for the international MBA students since 2006. As Director of International Student Success, she works closely with administrators, faculty and staff to develop and implement programs, projects and events to support international graduate student success within the School of Management.
Dr. Shane received her doctorate in Human and Organizational Systems from Fielding Graduate University in 2001. She has two Masters of Arts degrees, one in Organizational Management from Antioch University (1992) and an M.A. in Organization Development from Fielding Graduate University (1999). She received her Bachelors of Science in Commerce from DePaul University in Chicago, Illinois. She is also a Certified Corporate Trainer through the American Society of Training and Development (ASTD) and in 1995 she certified as an Enneagram Personality Instructor.
• 2001 Doctor of Philosophy in Human and Organizational Systems • THE FIELDING GRADUATE INSTITUTE • Santa Barbara, California
• Dissertation Title: “A Postmodern Ethnographic Study of Life Experiences in Ongoing International Virtual Teams” • Dissertation Chair: Robert J. Silverman, Ph.D.
• 1999 Master of Arts in Organization Development • THE FIELDING GRADUATE INSTITUTE • Santa Barbara, California
• 1992 Master of Arts in Organizational Management • ANTIOCH UNIVERSITY • Los Angeles, California
• Thesis Title: “An Organization Development Consultation: Working With A Dysfunctional Organization In Transition”
• 1983 Bachelor of Science in Commerce • Major: Marketing • DEPAUL UNIVERSITY • Chicago, Illinois