Math & Science
The premiere Math and Science precollege outreach Program has been on the California Lutheran University’s campus since 1992; the TRIO UBMS program is one of the eight Federal TRIO Programs in the US Department of Education Office of Postsecondary Education.
One of the original Regional Math and Science Centers, Cal Lutheran’s UBMS once catered to students from across the Western United States and the territories of the independent nations of the Pacific Islands.
The Upward Bound Math and Science program is designed to strengthen the math and science skills of participating students. The goal of the program is to help students recognize and develop their potential to excel in math and science and to encourage them to pursue postsecondary degrees in math and science, and ultimately careers in the math and science profession.
Services provided by the program include:
- 6-week summer academic program
- Exposure to academic programs and cultural events
- Instruction in reading, writing, study skills, and other subjects necessary for success in education beyond high school
- Academic, financial, or personal counseling
- Tutorial services
- Mentoring programs
- Information on postsecondary education opportunities
- Assistance in completing college entrance and financial aid applications
- Assistance in preparing for college entrance exams
- Information on the full range of Federal Student Financial Aid programs and benefits
Guidance and assistance on secondary school reentry or alternative education programs; entry into general educational development programs or postsecondary education.
|Channel Islands HS||Mrs. Carri McDevitt||Carri.McDevitt@ouhsd.k12.ca.us|
|Hueneme HS||Mrs. Cynthia Lopez||Cynthia.Lopez@ouhsd.k12.ca.us|
|Santa Paula HS||Mrs. Glenda Learn||Glearn@spuhsd.k12.ca.us|
|Fillmore HS||Mrs. Rhonda Reyesemail@example.com|
|Pacifica HS||Mr. Victor Farias||Victor.Farias@ouhsd.k12.ca.us|
|Oxnard HS||Mr. Guillermo Lopez||Guillermo.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Hawthorne HS||Mrs. Sylvia Walker||Walkers@centinela.k12.ca.us|
|Leuzinger HS||Mr. Ceasar Perez||Perezc@centinela.k12.ca.us|
Additional Information please contact:
Dorina Padilla, Project Coordinator
805.493.3568 or email@example.com