Study Financial Planning Through Continuing Education
When taking continuing education classes through the California Institute of Finance at California Lutheran University you can choose to study financial planning subject matter, or to register in one of the core MBA business classes.
CFP® practitioners can earn 30 C.E. credits for each of our courses in the financial planner program. Our courses are all graduate level and will keep you current on the latest theories and technology that has evolved in the area of financial planning and business.
Approved continuing education credits are also available for CPAs and those who possess a state insurance license.
MBA in Financial Planning Class Options include:
- Bus 501 — Introduction to Financial Planning
- Bus 502 — Tax Management and Strategy
- Bus 505 — Employee Benefits and Retirement Planning
- Bus 506 — Risk Management and Insurance
- Bus 507 — Principles of Estate Planning
- Bus 508 — Capstone Course in Financial Planning
- Bus 521 — Statistical Analysis for Managers
- Bus 531 — Managerial Economics
- Bus 551 — Managerial Accounting
- Bus 567 — Behavioral Science for Management
- Bus 568 — Business Ethics
- Bus 573 — Law for Business Executives
- Bus 575 — Marketing Theory
- Bus 581 — Management Concepts for Information Technology
- Bus 591 — Financial Principles and Policies
- Bus 593 — Investments and Portfolio Management
For a detailed description of each class, please click here.
To view the recommended order that these classes be taken, click here.
To determine when each class is being offered, click here.