Offered as a major (B.A. or B.S.) and a minor
Human psychology is the result of biological, developmental, cognitive, and social processes.
Psychologists study these processes through the application of the scientific method and apply their findings to better understand human behavior.
Combine theory and observation
The program is designed to expose you to the theoretical and empirical foundations of psychology, as well as the applications of established principles to behavior change.
Interpret and evaluate what you observe
You will apply the major research methods used in psychology to answer questions and be able to interpret and evaluate the results and conclusions derived through these methods.
Understand and express yourself
Learn to apply psychological principles to individual and social issues, as well as express yourself professionally and effectively in writing and oral presentations.
Participate in both sides of the process
Along with your own coursework, you will also participate in a number of research studies, letting you observe the empirical process of psychological inquiry from the inside.
Offered as a major (B.A. or B.S.) and a minor.
- Behavioral/Clinical Applications
- Business/Organizational Applications
- Family and Child Development
- Health and Wellness Applications
- Law and Criminal Behavior Applications
- Sports Psychology Applications
Your degree will be excellent preparation for graduate work in psychology, law, and business.
With a bachelor's degree, you will find employment opportunities in psychiatric rehabilitation programs, as research assistants, and in the business world.
If you choose to pursue a master's degree, you will be able to work in clinics and institutions, teach at a two-year college, or work as a school psychologists or counselor. For some clinical and research work, a doctorate is required.
Cal Lutheran offers master's degrees in clinical psychology and counseling psychology with a specialization in marital and family therapy (MFT) as well as a PsyD (doctorate) degree in Psychology.
Our alumni study at:
- Purdue University
- John Hopkins University
- California School of Professional Psychology
- Chicago School of Professional Psychology
- Boston University
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of Southern California
- University of Hawaii
- Cal Lutheran
They work for:
- Applied Behavior Consultants
- Aspen Center for Autism
- Behavior Therapy & Family Counseling Clinic
- California Psych Care
- Children's Hospital
- Denver Health Medical Center
- Institute for Applied Behavior Analysis
- Interface Children Family Services
They work as:
- Special Education Teacher
- Developmental Therapist
- Behavior Management Consultant
- Child Care Consultant
- Therapeutic Behavior Specialist
- Head Interventionist
- Alcohol/Drug Counselor
- Case Management Specialist