What makes us tick?
Psychology is the study of human thought, emotion, and behavior. In short: what makes us tick.
Students are encouraged to be active participants in learning through laboratory and case study projects, emphasizing the application of theory, ethics, and research methodology.
First, students learn about the empirical foundations of psychology. Second, psychology is a broad discipline and students are exposed to the variety of areas encompassed in the field. Third, the major is designed to enable students to apply what they have learned to the real world, thus teaching analysis, synthesis, and critical thinking skills.
The bachelor’s degree in psychology is excellent preparation for graduate work in psychology, law and business. With a bachelor’s degree, employment opportunities can be found in psychiatric rehabilitation programs, as research assistants and in the business world. Those with master’s degrees may work in clinics and institutions, teach at a two-year college or work as school psychologists and counselors. For some clinical and research work, a doctorate is required.
Cal Lutheran offers master of science degrees in clinical psychology and counseling psychology with a specialization in marital and family therapy as well as a PsyD degree in Psychology.
- Purdue University
- John Hopkins University
- California School of Professional Psychology
- Chicago School of Professional Psychology
- Boston University
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of Southern California
- University of Hawaii
- Cal Lutheran
- Applied Behavior Consultants
- Aspen Center for Autism
- Behavior Therapy & Family Counseling Clinic
- California Psych Care
- Children's Hospital
- Denver Health Medical Center
- Institute for Applied Behavior Analysis
- Interface Children Family Services
- Special Education Teacher
- Developmental Therapist
- Behavior Management Consultant
- Child Care Consultant
- Therapeutic Behavior Specialist
- Head Interventionist
- Alcohol/Drug Counselor
- Case Management Specialist