As the purpose and scope of today's public and nonprofit organizations become more complex, so too do the roles of the administrative and policymaking professionals who lead them.
Public administrators run our cities, transportation organizations, harbors, public services, community centers, schools, and more. They are leaders in healthcare, redevelopment and law enforcement as well as policymakers at the local, regional, state and national levels.
CLU's Master of Public Policy and Administration (MPPA) program is designed to position management professionals to meet these evolving demands through a highly respected, practical and flexible program of study that blends practice with theory.
As an MPPA student, you will engage in a broad-based educational experience and benefit from outstanding instruction delivered by an accomplished, service-oriented faculty.
The MPPA program is designed to provide each student with the following:
- A knowledge and understanding of administrative organizations and legal processes effecting public policy decision making
- The ability to identify those human and ethical values that should underlie the work of a public administrator
- An understanding of the proper relationship between public administration and the citizenry
- The capability of developing a sound social strategy
- The ability to perform effectively in a leadership role under a variety of conditions
- The competency to conduct and present research relevant to public policy and administration