Duration: 12 to 24 months, on average
Starts: Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer
Class schedule: Weeknight classes available
On-campus options: Thousand Oaks
IT management is more than maintaining technical systems — professionals in this area handle huge amounts of data that are vital to every modern business. The Cal Lutheran Master of Science in Information Technology (MSIT) emphasizes these important roles, giving you a solid foundation in tech maintenance and data management, along with a strong focus on leadership skills.
As a graduate of the master’s in information technology program, you’ll be able to meet the immediate technological demands of your organization and serve as a guide for sustainable change. You’ll also be ready to protect the systems you create from cyber threats. See the MSIT curriculum.
MSIT Program Features
- Flexibility for working professionals. Complete the MSIT degree as a full-time or part-time student. Courses are scheduled on nights allowing you to balance the demands of career and personal commitments. Additionally, you will have access to a program advisor who will help you create an academic plan that aligns with your goals.
- Experienced faculty. Our expert, accessible faculty ensure a current and relevant curriculum. They promote open dialogue and an encouraging environment where you’ll feel supported and inspired to excel.
- Coursework grounded in practical, hands-on learning. You’ll engage with real-world data including a fully operational data-processing cluster. This access allows you to put your learning into practice in scenarios that mirror the challenges and complexities you will encounter in the professional world.
- Small class sizes and personal attention. With classes of just 15 students on average, you have the space to genuinely connect with instructors and peers. This setting enables our highly qualified instructors to provide you with personalized attention and share valuable insights based on their extensive industry experience.
“The MSIT program prepared and equipped me for a position at a large endpoint security company. I use the skills I learned in digital forensics, ethical hacking and cloud security on a daily basis in the workplace.”
Customization Options: Specialty Tracks
You can work toward a general Master of Science in Information Technology or choose a specialty track:
Careers With a Master’s in Information Technology
The Cal Lutheran MSIT program is an excellent fit for IT professionals who want to level up in their careers and learn cutting-edge skills. It is also ideal for business professionals who want to make smarter, tech-driven decisions and lead teams more effectively. The average yearly salary for a graduate with a Master of Science in Information Technology degree is $97,000, according to Payscale.
Here’s a look at some of the positions and titles held by our students and alumni:
- Project manager
- Data analyst
- Data scientist
- IT manager
- Chief information officer
- Cyber risk business analyst
- Head of IT operations
- Web developer
- Principal information systems architect
- Senior security engineer
- Vice president, database analyst
- Senior network engineer
- Senior software engineer
- Software development manager
- Chief software architect
Ready to learn more? Download our brochure, and explore our curriculum page, admissions page and FAQ page.
To learn more about the Graduate Degree Programs offered by the California Lutheran School of Management and download a brochure, please fill out the form. You can also get in touch with an admission counselor directly by calling us at 866-944-8289.