Every year, the Master of Public Policy and Administration (MPPA) program awards recent graduates from an undergraduate program (from any university) the Reagan-Gallegly Fellowship, named after the 40th president of the United States and Rep. Elton W. Gallegly. A generous scholarship that is at the heart of the fellowship allows focused attention to the study the MPPA program, which prepares students to become leaders and practitioners in public and nonprofit sectors. This wonderful opportunity is supported by the university’s Elton and Janice Gallegly Center for Public Service and Civic Engagement, which was established in honor of retired Congressman Elton W. Gallegly. Hear from a few of our past Fellows by clicking here.
Reagan-Gallegly Fellows don't just serve as ambassadors of the MPPA program at public events, they also receive a scholarship amounting to 50% of the program’s tuition, valued at more than $15,000, to pursue their MPPA degree at Cal Lutheran over the course of one year. Two fellows will be selected for this year. To apply, you need to have a 3.5 GPA (upper division) and also be admitted to the MPPA program, to be considered for the fellowship.
Students can apply by simply emailing and submitting the following materials by Monday, May 10th, 2021 to the MPPA Program Director, Sabith Khan at email@example.com.
- Your expression of interest.
- Names and letters of recommendation from two of your Professors.
- A brief personal statement (500-750 words) addressing the following:
- Why you are interested in the MPPA program?
- How can the Reagan -Gallegly Fellowship and MPPA program help you advance your professional, academic and intellectual interest?
- What can you as the Reagan-Gallegly Fellow and Ambassador of the MPPA program do in promoting the present and future objectives of the MPPA program?