This degree prepares compassionate professionals to provide counseling and support services for K-12 grade level students.
You’ll also have the option to add the Child Welfare and Attendance specialization that offers additional training in working with those students most at-risk for school failure. After completion, you will be eligible for the Clear Pupil Personnel Services Credential offered by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
On-campus, full-time or part-time course load
Fall and Spring 15-week semesters with 8-week Summer sessions
$790 per credit
$38,710 base cost
Want to learn more?
Let us know you're interested and we'll reach out to answer your questions. You'll also receive more information about the program and your financial aid options.
Where Our Alumni Work
- California Community Colleges
- Central Valley Unified School District
- Conejo Valley Unified School District
- Fillmore Unified School District
- Hueneme Unified School District
- Lancaster Unified School District
- Los Angeles Unified School District
- Moorpark Unified School District
- Oxnard School District
- Oxnard Union High School District
- Santa Barbara Unified School District
- Santa Paula Unified School District
- Simi Valley Unified School District
- Ventura Unified School District
Child Welfare and Attendance Specialization
Current students and alumni of the Pupil Personnel Services program may obtain this optional specialization.
This course emphasizes school, home, and community factors contributing to school attendance, related laws, and intervention programs designed to enhance attendance and school safety.
Gabriela Rodriguez '18
The Counseling and Pupil Personnel Services program has helped me be equipped to support the students I’ll be working with. Being aligned with the ASCA model provides a guide to implement best practices while working in the field. The counselors I’ve met who are graduates of the program have done an excellent job in their role, feel prepared, and work diligently to advocate for social justice.