How to Apply
To apply to graduate and credential programs, please submit your application materials by the priority deadline date. All Counselor Education programs begin in fall semester only.
Priority Application Deadline: June 15
Still accepting applications for the Oxnard location - Application deadline extended to July 1
(For greatest consideration for Graduate Assistantships, please apply as early as possible. Each year, a limited number of assistantships are offered to qualified graduate students. The assistantships provide valuable professional development experience.)
The GRE is not a factor for admissions for students applying to the Counseling and Pupil Personnel Services program at Cal Lutheran nor the Counseling and College Student Personnel program at Cal Lutheran.
- Submit your application online at CalLutheran.edu/apply.
- Two (2) Recommendation Forms: list recommenders' names and contact information in your application.
- Submit Application
- Official transcripts from all regionally accredited 4-year colleges and universities
attended and any graduate work. Official transcripts must be ordered and sent directly
to Cal Lutheran via certified e-transcript or mail. We recommend e-transcript if available at your institution.
By email: By mail:
If a selection list is available please choose: California Lutheran University
California Lutheran University 60 West Olsen Road, #2200
or use the following email address Thousand Oaks, CA 91360-2700
for direct entry: firstname.lastname@example.org
- International applicants are required to submit a sealed evaluated transcript from an approved evaluation agency.
Log in to your Application Portal after submission of your completed application at admissions.callutheran.edu/status where you can upload or fill out remaining application materials
- Personal statement - Please write to the prompt.
- $25 online application fee
- Phone or walk-in admission appointment with Admission Counselor required. Please call (805) 493-3325 to schedule an appointment.
Credential Requirements: For PPS candidates only
The following documents will also need to be submitted with your application:
- Verification of CBEST registration or passing of a CTC approved Basic Skills Exam or an acceptable CTC-approved alternative.
- Verification of application or CTC issued credential/permit/Certificate