How to Apply
To apply to graduate and credential programs, please submit your application materials by the priority deadline date. All Counselor Education programs begin in fall semester only.
Priority Application Deadline: June 15
(For greatest consideration for Graduate Assistantships, please apply by January 15th. Each year, a limited number of assistantships are offered to qualified graduate students. The assistantships provide valuable professional development experience.)
The GRE is not a factor for admissions for students applying to the Counseling and Pupil Personnel Services program at Cal Lutheran.
- Submit your application online at CalLutheran.edu/apply.
- Two (2) Recommendation Forms: list recommenders' names and contact information in your application.
- Submit Application
- Request your official transcripts from all 4-year colleges and universities attended
and any graduate work
- Send all transcripts to address or bottom of the checklist OR electronic transcripts may be sent directly from your previous institution to firstname.lastname@example.org
- International applicants are required to submit a sealed evaluated transcript from an approved evaluation agency.
Log in to your Application Portal after submission of your completed application at admissions.callutheran.edu/status where you can upload or fill out remaining application materials
- Personal statement - Please write to the prompt.
- $25 online application fee
- Phone or walk-in admission appointment with Admission Counselor required. Please call (805) 493-3325 to schedule an appointment.
Credential Requirements: For PPS candidates only
The following documents will also need to be submitted with your application:
- Verification of CBEST registration or passing of a CTC approved Basic Skills Exam or an acceptable CTC-approved alternative.
- Verification of application or CTC issued credential/permit/Certificate