Information Technology (IT) is pervasive today and is at the core of almost any business organization. The Master of Science in Information Technology program (MSIT) is designed to provide students with a solid and forward-thinking technical foundation used to effectively plan, design, implement and manage IT solutions and systems. It prepares students to be strong technical leaders, ready to lead IT-enabled organizational change.
The MSIT program serves both technical professionals wishing to advance their career in the field as well as business professionals wishing to gain valuable IT skills needed to transform enterprise operations. The curriculum is carefully designed to combine the study of fundamental theory with sound practice, applying latest technologies and tools to real-world problems in the comfort of the classroom.
In the News: Why COVID-19 won't stop cybersecurity jobs and recruitment
The economy is struggling, and many careers are taking hits, but cybersecurity jobs and careers will likely stay in demand as companies need to keep data and customers safe. According to TechTarget, demand for cybersecurity jobs professionals will remain high.
- Flexibility: Courses are scheduled on nights and occasional weekends allowing students to balance the demands of career and personal commitments.
- Access: Students have access to invaluable research resources, including a fully functional data processing cluster and actual, real-world data sets. Learn more
- Relevance: Curriculum designed to provide students with skills which can be immediately applied in the workplace to solve real-world information technology problems.
- Support: Small class sizes facilitate direct collaboration with faculty and networking opportunities. Students have access to a wide range of resources provided by Cal Lutheran.
- Opportunity: The Occupational Outlook Handbook places various IT careers in seven of the top 10 positions in terms of job growth in Los Angeles County.
Program Learning Objectives
Students who successfully complete the program will be able to:
- Effectively design, manage and utilize technology to enhance enterprise operations and business processes, as well as drive organizational innovation by creating new IT-enabled business opportunities.
- Assess organizational data and information requirements, build and implement data models as well as use basic and advanced analytics tools to derive meaning from the data.
- Assess information security risks and develop and implement solutions to protect organizational systems from cyber threats through offensive and defensive planning and incident response.