In today’s rapidly changing world, there is a greater need for student affairs and student services counselors in college/university settings who are knowledgeable, ethical, principled, and compassionate.
We believe that competent counselors working in colleges/universities need to meet the needs of an ever-changing diverse student body and be comfortable discussing issues of race, gender, sexuality, and other types of identity. Our program uses the cultural proficiency model to help students take an inside-out approach to understanding who they are and how their identities inform the ways they work with others across differences.
On campus, full-time or part-time course load
Fall and Spring 15-week semesters with 8-week Summer sessions
$770 per credit
$36,960 base cost
Want to learn more?
Let us know you're interested and we'll reach out to answer your questions. You'll also receive more information about the program and your financial aid options.
Open House Reception
Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at 6:00 PM until 8:00 PM
Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
We’re hosting an Open House reception to give you an opportunity to learn more about what Cal Lutheran's Graduate School of Education has to offer. You'll meet faculty and staff, current students, and alumni who can tell you first-hand about the value of our programs.
We offer graduate education degrees that will prepare you to lead and transform education for the challenges of the future. Whatever your program of interest we’d love to meet!
Where Our Alumni Work
View a list of colleges and universities where alumni of this program have gone on to do great work:
- California Lutheran University
- California State University, Channel Islands
- Coastline Community College
- College of the Canyons
- Colorado State University
- Glendale Community College
- Johnson & Wales University
- Los Angeles City College
- Los Angeles Pierce College
- Moorpark College
- Mt. San Jacinto College
- Orange Coast College
- Oxnard College
- Pepperdine University
- Santa Barbara City College
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of California, Santa Barbara
- University of California, Santa Cruz
- University of San Francisco
- University of Southern California
- Ventura College
- Yavapai College
Career Path Options
Want to know where this program can take you? View a list of possible career paths:
- Academic Advisor
- Admissions Counselor
- Adjunct Counselor at California Community Colleges
- Assistant Dean/Dean of Students
- Assistant Director/Director of a varierty of student support services
- Career Counselor
- Counseling Assistant at California Community Colleges
- Counselor at California Community Colleges
- EOPS Counselor at California Community Colleges
- Financial Aid Counselor
- Retention Specialist/Counselor
- Sexual Violence Prevention & Response Counselor
- Student Athlete Counselor at California Community Colleges
- Student Success Counselor
- Title IX Officer
- Transfer Counselor at California Community Colleges
Cal Lutheran’s program has a heavy emphasis on the interpersonal side of student interaction and I especially appreciated the skills and education I gained in counseling theory and practice.