How to Apply
To apply to graduate and credential programs, please submit your application materials by the deadline date. All Counselor Ed programs begin in fall semester only.
Priority Application Deadline: June 15
(For greatest consideration for Graduate Assistantships, please apply as early as possible. Each year, a limited number of assistantships are offered to qualified graduate students. The assistantships provide valuable professional development experience.)
The GRE is not a factor for admissions when applying to the Counseling and College Student Personnel program at Cal Lutheran.
- Submit your application online at CalLutheran.edu/apply.
- Two (2) Recommendation Forms-list recommenders name and contact information in your application.
- Request your official transcripts from all 4-year colleges and universities attended and any graduate work
- Submit Application
- Send all transcripts to address or bottom of the checklist OR electronic transcripts may be sent directly from your previous institution to firstname.lastname@example.org
- International applicants are required to submit a sealed evaluated transcript from an approved evaluation agency.
Log in to your Application Portal after submission of your completed application at admissions.callutheran.edu/status where you can upload or fill out remaining application materials
- Personal statement - Please write to the prompt.
- $25 Online Application fee
- Optional: call (805) 493-3325 to schedule a phone or walk-in admission appointment
Interested individuals are encouraged to make an appointment to meet with a graduate admission counselor to review specific program information, admission requirements, start terms, deadline dates, and review financial aid options.