How to Apply
Announcement: Now accepting applications for Fall 2024! The Priority application deadline is Jan. 15, 2024. The Final application deadline is June 15, 2024.
Note: All Counselor Education programs begin in the Fall semester only.
To apply to the MS In Counseling for Higher Education Program, please submit your application materials by the application deadline date.
*Each year, a limited number of Graduate Assistantships are offered to qualified graduate students. The assistantships provide valuable professional development experience. We recommend applying as early as possible prior to the deadline if you plan to apply for an assistantship. *Must be an admitted student to apply for assistantships
- Start your Online Application
- Recommendation Forms (2)
- List your recommenders name and contact information on the Recommender page of your online application. Recommendations should come from recommenders who know you professionally, academically, or in related volunteer experience that are in a supervisory role over you and not from personal relationships (e.g. no friends or family members). Cal Lutheran will send the required form to your recommenders.There is a space at the end of the form for your recommender to upload their Recommendation Letter. You do not need to wait for your recommenders to send in their recommendations to continue with your application.
- Complete the rest of the application, sign, and submit.
- Request Official transcripts from all regionally accredited 4-year colleges and universities
attended and any graduate work. Official Transcripts must be ordered and sent directly
to Cal Lutheran via certified e-transcript or mail. We recommend e-transcripts if available at your institutions. Official electronic transcripts may be sent directly from your previous institution to email@example.com
By email: By mail:
If a selection list is available please choose: California Lutheran University
California Lutheran University 60 West Olsen Road, #2200
or use the following email address Thousand Oaks, CA 91360-2700
for direct entry: firstname.lastname@example.org
Finalizing Your Application
After submission of your completed application, go to your Application Portal where you can upload or fill out the remaining application materials.
- Personal statement
- $30 non-refundable Online Application fee
In addition to the above application requirements, International Students are required to provide the following:
- Official transcripts and degree certificates or certified true copies in English of all college and university records sent directly from each institution to CLU
- Students are required to complete an official transcript evaluation stating their degree is equivalent to a US bachelor’s degree. The evaluation must include GPA equivalence and course-by-course listing, done by a NACES member company. CLU recommends two providers who have offered CLU applicants a streamlined process for obtaining an evaluation. These are IEE and SpanTran.
- Language Proficiency
- Minimum Acceptable scores for: Duolingo English Test score: 120; TOEFL score: 88; IELTS score: 6.5; Pearson’s (PTE Academic) score: 58; Completion of ELS 112
- Applicants who earn a bachelor's degree in an English-speaking country may have the proof of English proficiency requirement waived on a case-by-case basis. Please contact International Admission for more information: email@example.com.
- Financial Responsibility Statement or Official Bank Statement
- Copy of Passport