How to Apply
Announcement: Now accepting applications for Fall 2023! The Priority application deadline is Jan. 15, 2023. The Final application deadline is June 15, 2023.
Note: All Counselor Education programs begin in the fall semester only.
To apply to the MS In Counseling for Higher Education Program, please submit your application materials by the following priority application deadline date: Priority application Deadline is Jan 15, 2023 for the Fall 2023 cohort.
*Each year, a limited number of Graduate Assistantships are offered to qualified graduate students. The assistantships provide valuable professional development experience. We recommend applying as early as possible prior to the deadline if you plan to apply for an assistantship. *Must be an admitted student to apply for assistantships
The Final application deadline date is June 15, 2023 for the Fall 2023 cohort.
- Schedule your Advisement Advisement appointment online or call 805-493-3325 to schedule an appointment with the admission counselor
- Start your Online Application
- Recommendation Forms (2)
- List your recommenders name and contact information on the Recommender page of your online application. Recommendations should come from recommenders who know you professionally, academically, or in related volunteer experience that are in a supervisory role over you and not frompersonal relationships (e.g. no friends or family members)Cal Lutheran will send the required form to your recommenders.There is a space at the end of the form for your recommender to upload their Recommendation Letter. You do not need to wait for your recommenders to send in their recommendations to continue with your application.
- Complete the rest of the application, sign, and submit.
- Request Official transcripts from all regionally accredited 4-year colleges and universities
attended and any graduate work. Official Transcripts must be ordered and sent directly
to Cal Lutheran via certified e-transcript or mail. We recommend e-transcripts if available at your institutions. Official electronic transcripts may be sent directly from your previous institution to email@example.com
By email: By mail:
If a selection list is available please choose: California Lutheran University
California Lutheran University 60 West Olsen Road, #2200
or use the following email address Thousand Oaks, CA 91360-2700
for direct entry: firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Candidates are required to send a sealed evaluated transcript from an approved evaluation service or provide an official sealed English translation of transcripts.
After submission of your completed application, go to your Application Portal where you can upload or fill out the remaining application materials.
- Personal statement - Please write to the prompt.
- $25 Online Application fee