Careers & Networking
The School of Management at California Lutheran University is committed to helping our students discover and strengthen their sense of purpose while preparing them to bring what they do best to the world.
We cultivate that spirit in each student, in each class, and in the extended family of our community by building a powerful support system — relationships with mentors and peers, institutions and civic leaders — that extend beyond the school itself, and into the larger realm of California and the world.
Build Your Network
Throughout the year, the School of Management sponsors and engages in many unique events that create opportunities to learn about new ideas and forge new relationships within a powerful and lively business community.
- TheEntrepreneur Speaker Series offers an opportunity for entrepreneurs and people who have an entrepreneurial mindset to network with each other, and learn from other experienced entrepreneurs.
- OurNew Venture Fair offers students the opportunity to pitch their business ideas to a panel of local entrepreneur judges.
- PRiME Competition provides students with an opportunity to compete at a professional level by demonstrating how organizations balance economic and sustainability goals and develop innovative solutions.
- Drinks with the Dean is an intimate gathering of students, alumni, council members for a casual conversation to build community.
The School also fosters and maintains collaborative relations with many local associations. These include the Association for Corporate Growth (a hub for the city’s business community), the LA Venture Association (Southern California’s premier forum for entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, angel investors, and professional advisors), the Economic Development Corporation of Ventura County, and a center for entrepreneurial business incubation and collaboration hosted at our Westlake Center.
Graduates of our MBA program work for some of the area's leading employers:
- Bank of America
- Anthem, Inc.
- Wells Fargo
- Baxter International Inc.
- Northrop Grumman
- Kaiser Permanente
- J.D. Power
- The Walt Disney Company
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL)
- County of Ventura
- Merrill Lynch
- Farmers Insurance
- Ameriprise Financial Services
- PennyMac Loan Services
- US Navy
- General Motors
- Blue Shield of California
- and many, many more.