Human Capital Management
The Human Capital Management Professional track in the MBA program provides individuals with keen insights and information for being a good manager.
Many individuals may start out in operations, but eventually shift over to an Human Resources function. In fact, all managers should have an in-depth knowledge of Human Capital practices and procedures.
Managers in this track will learn HR rules and regulations, current best practices in recruitment, training, performance management, and strategic HR functions.
The MBA with an emphasis in Human Capital Management degree requires 45 semester credits equivalent to 15 courses of work which must be completed within a seven-year period. Courses include: 8 core courses, 2 general emphasis courses, 4 electives courses and 1 capstone course.
|8 Core||2 General Emphasis||4 Emphasis Electives||1 Capstone|
Career Paths in Human Resources
As a human resources professional, your role will involve gaining experience of all aspects of HR. You will work with a view to progressing to officer level, where you will be given responsibility for a full portfolio of departments. Duties you will be involved with include:
- Meeting with departmental representatives to discuss HR issues
- Referring issues to senior HR staff
- Assisting departments with their recruitment needs through liaison with agencies/ advertisers
- Coordinating prospective candidates, interviewing them and administering offers
- Conducting inductions of new staff
- Participating in the collection of market salary information for the annual review
- Inputting into the monthly payroll
- Assisting with the production and implementation of HR policies and procedures
- Responding to other ad-hoc queries from other personnel in the company
|Potential Career Positions||Possible Employment Sectors|
|Entry-level Positions||Middle-level Positions||Top-level Positions|
Professional Associations and Organizations
- The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), SHRM local chapters: LA, OC, Riverside, San Bernardino & Ventura
- Professionals in Human Resources Association (PIHRA)
- Association for Talent Development (ATD)
- Organization Development Network (ODN)