Submit a Hall of Fame Nomination
Nominations submitted before February 1, 2021 will be considered for the Hall of Fame Class of 2021.
Inductees into the Alumni Athletic Hall of Fame will be determined by appropriate action of the selection committee. Following are guidelines for nominations:
- Nominations should be for athletes, coaches, athletic administrators and other contributors
of significance (meritorious service) from Cal Lutheran:
- Athlete nominations must be for a member of the alumni association (i.e., a graduate of Cal Lutheran or a student who completed at least 24 units of study) who exhibited extraordinary contribution to Cal Lutheran in varsity or intercollegiate athletic competition.
- Coach/Administrator nominations must be for a person employed by Cal Lutheran for at least two (2) years, having coached a varsity sport or served as athletics administrator and, having upheld the ideals and philosophies of Cal Lutheran, is outstanding in his/her contribution.
- Meritorious Service nominations must be for a person who, over a period of years, has exhibited dedication and loyalty to intercollegiate/varsity athletics; their work must have made a concrete contribution to the welfare of intercollegiate athletics.
- A minimum of five (5) years after graduation or departure from Cal Lutheran must pass before induction into the Alumni Athletic Hall of Fame.
- The number of inductees in any given year shall be determined by the selection committee.
- Each nomination should be accompanied with all of the candidate's specific accomplishments, qualification, records, honors, awards, statistics, etc. The nomination should provide a compelling argument as to the candidate's worthiness.
- A nominee shall remain active in the nominee pool for 5 years. If at the end of 5 years the nominee has not been selected for Induction, that nominee would need to be re-nominated.