Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
CAPS provides free and confidential therapy/counseling for all CLU students. Any student experiencing a psychological emergency can call in or come into the office for a crisis appointment. On-going scheduled appointments are available in-person for vaccinated students, and teletherapy is available for all students in California. Their office hours are Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM. You may call (805) 493-3727. Their office is located at 3222 Luther Ave (the house to the right of Health Services).
- If you are experiencing a psychological emergency outside of those hours: on-campus you may call Campus Safety at (805) 493-3911.
- If you are off-campus, dial 911, call the suicide helpline at 1-800-273-8255 or text “START” to 741-741.
- Please visit the CAPS website at https://www.callutheran.edu/students/counseling/if you need additional resources for mental health support.
Campus Awareness, Referral and Education (CARE) Team
The CARE Team provides outreach and resources to students who may be in need of some additional support. If you are concerned about a student’s well-being, please let the CARE Team know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, so that they can check in, establish a connection, and provide appropriate referrals to resources and services. Students are welcome to submit self-referrals.
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides:
- Benefits for all faculty, staff, adjuncts and household members
- Up to three in-person counselor sessions in six months
- Unlimited phone access to legal, financial and work-life services
- In-person consultation with network lawyers, one free 30-minute in-person consultation per legal issue, and 25% off subsequent meetings
- Financial consultations and referrals
- Work/life services
- Online resources, videos, tutorials and interactive tools
Visit the website or speak with a specialist 24/7 at (888) 628-4824
Visit the Human Resources Benefits page for information on how to take advantage of these services.