Advancing academic scholarship, research and support
The Office of Sponsored Research and Projects (OSRP) collaborates with faculty and staff to identify and secure grants that advance academic scholarship and faculty research, as well as grants for support programs at Cal Lutheran. Consultation with OSRP is required for faculty and staff seeking external funding.
Grant Process Overview
Explore Funding and Prepare to Apply
Apply for Funding
- Submit a Grant Request Form with information about the funder. (See Grant Initiation Instructions.)
- OSRP will create a timeline, working backward from the funder's deadline.
- Write a proposal and budget according to funder's instructions and in consultation with OSRP.
- Allow three weeks for internal approvals and submission.
- OSRP will provide any standard documents requested, such as financial and tax documents.
Manage Your Project or Program
- Comply with grant stipulations.
- Manage funds.
- Maintain records for reporting purposes.
- Adhere to reporting requirements and deadlines.
- For more information, see the Post-Award section of our website.