Advancing academic scholarship, research and support
The Office of Sponsored Research and Projects (OSRP) collaborates with faculty and staff to identify and secure grants that advance academic scholarship and faculty research, as well as grants for support programs at Cal Lutheran. Consultation with OSRP is required for faculty and staff seeking external funding.
Summer Stipend Grant, National Endowment for the Humanities
The National Endowment for the Humanities is offering its annual Summer Stipend grant of $6,000 for the summer of 2020. Only two applications are accepted per institution. Therefore, Cal Lutheran’s Office of Sponsored Research and Projects is facilitating an internal competition for nominations, in accordance with Cal Lutheran’s Limited Submission Policy.
Click here for more information.
Grant Process Overview
Prepare to apply and find funding sources
Apply for Funding
- Submit a Grant Request Form with information about the funder. (See Grant Initiation Instructions.)
- OSRP will create a timeline, working backward from the funder's deadline.
- Write a proposal and budget according to funder's instructions and in consultation with OSRP.
- Allow three weeks for internal approvals and submission.
- OSRP will provide any standard documents requested, such as financial and tax documents.
Manage Your Project or Program
- Comply with grant stipulations.
- Manage funds.
- Maintain records for reporting purposes.
- Adhere to reporting requirements and deadlines.
- For more information, see the Post-Award section of our website.