Cal Lutheran in 2023
On behalf of the Cal Lutheran Alumni Board of Directors, Happy New Year! We begin 2023 hopeful for what the year ahead holds. As I enter the final months of my Alumni Board presidency, I have been reflecting on the last eight years. There have been so many wonderful connections with alumni, students, faculty, staff and the Cal Lutheran community at large. We have celebrated enormous victories together and held one another up in challenging times. 2022 saw many enormous accomplishments for our beloved alma mater:
- Ranking 6th best regional university in the West by US News
- Receiving a $2.5 million donation from the TOLD Corporation to fund scholarships for students from low- and middle-income families
- Seeing a return to normal as enrollment rebounded and we were able to celebrate the Scandinavian Festival for the first time in three years
- Developing a partnership with Angels City Football Club to train at Cal Lutheran and present opportunities for students
- Finally, being able to celebrate the long-awaited inauguration of Dr. Varlotta
These are just a few of the amazing highlights the University celebrated in 2022. Likewise, as an Alumni Board, we had much to celebrate like another amazing class of Outstanding Alumni award winners, the continued growth of our Alumni Alliances and supporting another outstanding Homecoming.
In 2023, CLU on the Road will kick off with a meet up for alumni near Denver, Colorado. These events take place in cities across the country with a large population of Kingsmen and Regals. There are many ways to stay connected with your Alma Mater, so we hope to hear from you!
I wish you a happy and healthy 2023 and hope to see you around.
Candice (Cerro ’09) Aragon
President, Alumni Board of Directors