Elizabeth Jetton, CFP®
Senior Adjunct Faculty Member
Elizabeth Jetton, CFP ®, is a retired senior advisor with RTD Financial Advisors, a nationally prominent independent financial life planning and investment management firm. Prior to mergin with RTD Financial, she and her husband built their firm, Financial Vision Advisors. She has been in the financial services industry since 1981 and a Certified Financial Planner professional since 1991. Since retiring from practice Elizabeth now has a coaching and consulting practice, helping financial planners and firms develop their services, presentation skills and client care processes. In addition she leads trainings for advisors on how to incorporate Participitory Learning Processes such as Circle and World Cafes into the practice of financial planning. She has been an adjucnt professor with CLU since 2010 and has also taught in the degree programs of University of Georgia and Golden Gate University.
Jetton served as President of the Financial Planning Association in 2004 and Chair of the FPA in 2005. She is a frequent keynote speaker throughout the country and internationally. Her topics focus on Financial Life Planning; Total Resource Planning; Planning for the Third Age of Life; The Future of Financial Planning; Client Care; The Annual Renewal Meeting; Delivering a Great Meeting and The Art and Science of Financial Planning.
In 2006, Jetton founded the Public Issues Group within FPA as a research and think tank advisory group designed to highlight and identify trends and the impact of public policies, as well as to shape public policy and engage in scenario planning to prepare for future financial issues that will impact the public's financial well-being. She chaired the FPA Retreat conference in 2015 and 2016 and facilitated the 2014 and 2017 FPA NexGen Gatherings. She served as a mentor for the FPA Residency Program from 2001 - 2014.
BA, New School for Social Research
- Listed as a "Mover & Shaker in the profession" by Financial Planning Magazine, January 2005.
- "The 150 Best Financial Advisers for Doctors" for the past four annual listings by Medical Economics magazine.
- Honored as Outstanding Financial Planner and Leader in the Profession by the FPA of Georgia, 2007.
- Adjunct professor: Hofstra University 1992-1993; Expert Faculty: California Institute of Finance, California Lutheran University presently; Guest Lecturer: Financial Planning MBA at Georgia State University 2005-present; Mentor and Lecturer at the FPA Residency Program 2000 - present, including Denver College, UCLA Extension Program, Texas Tech University Financial Planning PhD program, College for Financial Planning.
- Consistently ranked as one of the top speakers and workshop leaders at professional conferences nationwide
- Featured on the NBC Nightly News, CNN, CNBC and Lifetime Television, as well as in the Wall Street Journal; Washington Post; LA Times; San Francisco Chronicle and The Atlanta Journal & Constitution, as well as in magazines including: Time Magazine, Money, Real Simple, Red Book, Pink, Glamour, Parents, Smart Money, More, Working Mother, the Journal of Financial Planning, Financial Advisor, Solutions and New Choices.
- Published articles in Solutions Magazine, India Journal of Financial Planning, Aging Well Magazine, Inside Money blog, Journal of Financial Planning; TIAA CREF institute Publications.