2008 Ed.D, Concentration in K-12 Leadership in Urban School Settings, University of Southern California
2000 MA, Special Education, California State University at Dominguez Hills
1997 BA, Major in Anthropology, Minor in Psychology, Occidental College
Special Education / Family Involvement and Participation / Curriculum and Instructions Development / Educational Leadership / Paraprofessional Trainings / Student-Centered, Family-Centered and Culturally Responsive Teaching / Collaboration and Teaming / Teacher Preparation / Inclusion / Transition / Classroom Management
- “[Review of the book Equity Partnerships: A Culturally Proficient Guide to Family School, and Community Engagement by Angela R. Clark-Louque et al],” Tang, K. and Esposito, K. The Journal of the California Association of Professors of Educational Administration (CAPEA), Volume 33. (October 2021).
- “Educational Leadership and Administration: Teaching and Program Development,” Tang, K. and Arriaza, G., The Journal of the California Association of Professors of Educational Administration (CAPEA), Volume 33. (October 2021).
- "Challenges Experienced by Women of Color in Educational Leadership". Book chapter in Black and Brown Leadership and the Promotion of Change in an Era of Social Unrest by Rodriguez, S. and Brown, K., (July/August 2021)
- “School Counselors and Special Education Teachers Involvement in Leadership Activities at their School Sites,” Tang, K., Fortner, K., and Morgan, R. Journal of Leadership, Equity and Research (JLER): Center for Leadership Equity and Research (CLEAR), (July 2021).
- “A Collective Approach to Building an Equitable and Inclusive System that Meets the Needs of Marginalized Populations in Education,” Tang, K. and Estrada-Reveles, U. The Journal of the California Association of Professors of Educational Administration (CAPEA) Social Justice Special Edition 2021, Volume 1. (July 2021).
- “California Association of School-University Partnerships (CASUP) Connections”, Tang, K. and Fortner, K. (Co-Eds. And Reviewers). Volume 10 (1): 1-16. (June 2021).
- “English Language Learners’ Perspectives on Resiliency in Graduate Level Online Learning Amidst the Ongoing Systemic Racism”, Tang, K. and Flores, N. California Council on Teacher Education (CCTE): Improving Education at Every Level Research Monograph. (November 2020).
- “Educational Leadership and Administration: Teaching and Program Development,” Gray, M. S. and Tang, K. (Co-Eds. and Reviewers), The Journal of the California Association of Professors of Educational Administration (CAPEA), Volume 31. (October 2019).
- “Teacher Leadership in Special Education: Exploring Skills, Roles and Perceptions,” Bagley, S. and Tang, K. Journal of Interdisciplinary Teacher Leadership, Volume 2 (1), 44-63. (December 2018).
- “Ensuring Inclusive Environments for Students with Disabilities: School Leaders Play a Linchpin Role”. Esposito, M. C., Tang, K., and Kulkarni, S. Journal of Educational Administration and History. (September 2018).