Boost Your Financial Skills
SALT is a web-based program that will help give you the skills and resources needed to make informed and effective financial decisions both during and after college
It is an excellent way to take control of your finances and other important matters critical to your success. There are components to assist with paying for college, career launching, and repaying educational loans.
To get started, create a new SALT account by clicking the button below.
Why use SALT?
SALT, powered by the nonprofit American Student Assistance (ASA), features an easy online platform and one-on-one counseling to help you plan for, pay for, and repay the cost of a degree.
Get the confidence you need to ensure a successful financial future with:
- Guidance on the best ways to pay for school, so you can obtain a degree, but not the stress that comes with determining how to pay for it.
- Personalized student loan help so you can make borrowing and repayment decisions that fit your life.
- Money management advice and straightforward budgeting tools that build your financial skills.
Funding Your Education
These are resources that will aid you in seeking out financial aid to help pay for education-related expenses while you are in school:
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Financial Aid Information for Students
- College Board Scholarship Search
- Cal Lutheran Scholarship Search
- Financial Awareness Counseling
- Higher Education Tax Benefits
Help With What Comes Next
These resources will allow you to locate your loans and loan servicers. Also, you can learn about the multiple repayment plans available for federal student loans, as well as loan forgiveness programs.
- Access your Federal Student Loan Information
- Loan Repayment Options
- Loan Repayment Plans
- Loan Repayment Estimator and Comparison Tool
- Loan Repayment Calculator
- Federal Direct Consolidation Loan
- Teacher Loan Forgiveness
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
Additionally, the following programs offer federal student loan assistance to graduated students: