Dates & Deadlines
The FAFSA completion priority deadline is March 1. The FAFSA is available beginning October 1 of each year. If you were not able to complete it by March 1, please still submit the FAFSA as soon as possible for consideration of aid programs. The FAFSA school code for CLU is 001133.
Deadline to apply for Cal Grant by submitting the FAFSA and GPA Verification Forms (California residents only).
Award Notifications (approximate):
Early Action Freshmen: First award letters are sent via mail service to admitted students beginning in late February. Updated award notifications are sent via the student's assigned Cal Lutheran email address and can be viewed anytime in the student portal.
Regular Decision Freshmen: First award letters are sent via mail service to admitted students beginning late March. Updated award notifications are sent via the student's assigned Cal Lutheran email address and can be viewed anytime in the student portal.
Continuing undergraduate students: Award notifications are delivered, via Cal Lutheran email address, beginning in early May. Award notifications are delivered as applications become complete. Awards, and a list of any missing application documents, can be viewed anytime through the student portal.
||The National Reply Date
All incoming freshmen must submit the non-refundable enrollment deposit of $450 to confirm enrollment in the fall class. You can pay online at www.callutheran.edu/deposit.
||Accept Your Financial Aid Award
Once you have made your enrollment deposit and received your Award Letter, login to WebAdvisor and accept or decline the components of your Financial Aid Award.
|End of May
||Deadline for Housing
If you are planning to live on-campus, you will need to pay the $400 housing deposit and complete the Residence Life Application & Contract online at www.callutheran.edu/reslife. Housing will not be assigned until CLU has received your enrollment deposit, the housing deposit, and the application.
|First week of June
Cal Lutheran will send a pre-bill that shows your expected charges and estimated financial aid at that time. Please read this information thoroughly. All forms and payment for fall semester, including a payment contract, must be submitted by the first Friday in August. If you do not receive your pre-bill by the second week in June, contact the Student Accounts Office.
||Loan Priority Deadline
If you are borrowing money to assist with meeting your educational expenses, all loan application processes must be completed by this date to ensure your funds arrive promptly.
|First Friday in August
The payment contract, all financial aid applications and documents, and payment of first semester charges, must be completed by this date. If these items are not received or completed, students may be charged a penalty fee and may be at risk of having their classes dropped.
|10 days prior to the end of the term||
Loan Processing Deadline
60 days before the start of first term:
- Application for Financial Aid
- Priority FAFSA Deadline
45 days before the start of first term:
- Accept Your Award: Please go into WebAdvisor and accept or decline the components of your Financial Aid. If you are accepting any loans, you will also need to complete the loan process.
30 days before the start of first term:
- Verification: If you are selected for Verification, Cal Lutheran will send you a letter with the Verification Worksheet. Documents must be submitted within 30 days of the letter from Cal Lutheran requesting the documents. Failure to submit the requested documentation within 30 days will result in a delay of your financial aid awards.
- Loan Application Priority Deadline: If you are taking any loans to assist with meeting your expenses, please have the loan applications complete by this date so we can make sure your funds arrive promptly.
10 days prior to the end of term:
- Loan Processing Deadline: All application steps must be completed at least 10 business days prior to the end of a term the student wishes to receive aid for. All loans require processing time before the funds will be ready to disburse. Students may receive loan funds for a term only if they are currently enrolled in that term and loan funds disburse prior to end of that term. If completion of required steps occurs after the 10 business days prior to the end of the term, the Office of Financial Aid cannot guarantee that loan(s) will be processed before the end of the eligible timeframe.