Call for Papers
We invite individual paper submissions and panel proposals from students of history at the graduate and undergraduate level, as well as alumni, regardless of membership in Phi Alpha Theta.
Awards will be given to the best undergraduate and graduate papers. However, only Phi Alpha Theta members are eligible for awards.
Submission Deadline Extended to March 10, 2023!!
Paper submissions for the conference should adhere to the following format criteria:
Single Word Document file submission that includes the following (in this order):
- Title page
- Paper title
- School name
- Academic standing (Undergraduate, Graduate, or Alumnus/Alumna)
- Phi Alpha Theta Member Status (Yes/No)
- Double-spaced paper no longer than 10 pages
- Times New Roman 12 point font
- 1 inch margins (top, bottom, left, right)
- Endnotes (no page limit), single-spaced
- Only Phi Alpha Theta members are eligible for Graduate or Undergraduate Best Paper Awards.
- Papers failing to adhere to these format criteria will not be considered for an award.
- Maximum of 4 presenters; each presenter must submit paper separately, noting the name of the panel and the other presenters. If a panel proposal consists of fewer than 4 presenters, the conference organizers may add other presenters to form a complete panel.
Note on Audio and Visual Equipment
Every panel will have access to a PC computer that is connected to a projector. This will allow PowerPoints and other audio-visual elements to be used during a presentation. Please be advised to bring a back up in case of technical difficulties.