- All patrons must provide their CLU ID upon every entrance into the center for use.
- All users need to have medical insurance (Represented in the Forrest Fitness Center Liability Waiver and Membership Application & Agreement)
- All users must enter and exit through building’s entrance and pass the front desk.
- All users must enter the Forrest Fitness Center through the turnstile, not through the exit door, unless participating in a session monitored by a CLU Strength and Conditioning Coach.
- Be courteous and respectful of others.
- Members must have a valid CLU ID card and liability waiver on file.
- Members that forget their CLU ID card will be asked to show another form of identification.
- IMPORTANT: Individuals under the age of 18 are not permitted in thefacility – underage students must have a parent sign the liability waiver to gain access.
- Drugs and alcohol, in any form, is prohibited. This includes tobacco, e-cigs, vapes, wax pens, etc.
- Swearing, grunting, loud noises, abusive language, inappropriate behavior, and vandalism will not be tolerated.
- No running in the center or performing exercises requiring excessive movement with weights. Please perform any cardio or plyometric exercises outside or in the Soiland Gym.
- No box jumps of any kind will be permitted inside FFC, unless monitored by a CLU Strength and Conditioning coach.
- Users are required to pick-up after themselves, discard trash, and remove personal items
- Student employees control the television and music.
- Be prepared to vacate the Forrest Fitness Center at closing time.
- No food or beverages (except water and other protein/energy drinks) are permitted.
- No FFC member is permitted to use the Forrest Fitness Center unattended by FFC staff or outside of operational hours.
- Denim, leather, or mesh clothing is not permitted in the Forrest Fitness Center.
- Leggings should only have mesh or holes below the fingertips when standing with arms at sides.
- Shirts must be worn at all times (sleeveless or tanks are acceptable as long as chest and side-area are completely covered).
- Shirts must be full-length and cover midriff area at all times.
- Apparel with offensive words or graphics are prohibited.
- Shoes must be athletic-type (no boots) and close-toed (no sandals or flip flops).
- Shoes must be clean and dry.
- Shoes must be worn at all times, unless monitored by a CLU Strength and Conditioning coach.
- Allow others to “work-in” or take turns in the weight room.
- Do not monopolize several pieces of equipment in the weight room while others are waiting.
- Only academic classes may reserve certain areas of the Forrest Fitness Center for groups.
- All equipment (balls, mats, ropes, etc.) stays in the center at all times.
- You must have your CLU ID card to exchange with any equipment from behind the front desk.
- Ease the weights into position on the machines; do not allow them to slam down.
- Return and rack the weights when finished.
- Wipe off the equipment when finished.
Front Desk and Cubbies
- All patrons must show their current ID card before being allowed in the center, unless participating in a session monitored by a CLU Strength and Conditioning coach.
- Cubbies are for daytime use only.
- All patrons are responsible for their own personal belongings brought into the Forrest Fitness Center. The fitness center staff and California Lutheran University is not liable for any lost or stolen items.
- Patrons must provide identification for use of mats, weight belts and other items behind the front desk, and they must be checked out by an attendant.
- No individuals except Forrest Fitness Center employees are allowed behind the front desk unless granted specified permission.
Patron orientation to equipment, as offered by the Forrest Fitness Center staff on a bi- monthly basis is highly recommended. However, all users, whether having completed orientation or chosen not to are solely liable for their conduct and activity in the center. All machines are used by the patrons at their own risk. Email email@example.com for more information.
EXERCISE AT YOUR OWN RISK; THE FORREST FITNESS CENTER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED USE.
The Forrest Fitness Center reserves the right to refuse service to any user who violates any rule or regulation, or engages in any verbal and/or physical abuse of the Fitness Center staff or other users.