- All patrons must provide their CLU ID upon every entrance into the center for use.
- All users need to have medical insurance (Represented in the Forrest Fitness Center Liability Waiver and Membership Application & Agreement).
- All users must enter and exit through building’s entrance and pass the front desk.
- All users must enter the Forrest Fitness Center (FFC) through the turnstile, not through the exit door.
- Be courteous and respectful of others.
- Members must have a valid CLU ID card and liability waiver on file.
- Members that forget their CLU ID card will be asked to show another form of identification.
- IMPORTANT: Individuals under the age of 18 are not permitted in the facility. Underage students must have a parent or legal guardian sign the FFC Waiver & Release Agreement to gain access. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- Drugs and alcohol, in any form, is prohibited. This includes tobacco, e-cigs, vapes, wax pens, etc.
- Swearing, grunting, loud noises, abusive language, inappropriate behavior, and vandalism will not be tolerated.
- No running in the facility or performing exercises requiring excessive movement with weights. Please perform any cardio or plyometric exercises outside or in the Soiland Gym.
- No box jumps of any kind will be permitted inside FFC, unless monitored by a CLU Athletic Performance coach.
- Users are required to pick-up after themselves, discard trash, and remove personal items
- Forrest Fitness Center staff control the television and music.
- Be prepared to vacate the Forrest Fitness Center at closing time.
- No food or beverages (except water and other protein/energy drinks) are permitted.
- No FFC member is permitted to use the Forrest Fitness Center unattended by FFC staff or outside of operational hours.
- Denim, leather, or mesh clothing is not permitted in the Forrest Fitness Center.
- Leggings should only have mesh or holes below the fingertips when standing with arms at sides.
- Shirts must cover the entirety of the individual's chest and stomach in order to minimize skin contact with shared surfaces.
- Armholes of shirts must be less than half of the length of the individual's torso.
- Apparel with offensive words or graphics are prohibited.
- Shoes must be athletic-type (no boots or Crocs) and close-toed (no sandals or flip flops).
- Shoes must be clean and dry.
- Shoes must be worn at all times, with the exception of performing a specific stationary exercise.
- Allow others to “work-in” or take turns in the weight room.
- Do not monopolize several pieces of equipment in the weight room while others are waiting.
- Only academic classes may reserve certain areas of the Forrest Fitness Center for groups.
- All equipment that is used outside or in another area of the Gilbert Sports and Fitness Center must be checked out and returned to the FFC.
- You must have your CLU ID card to exchange with any equipment from behind the front desk.
- Ease the weights into position on the machines; do not allow them to slam down.
- Return and rack the weights when finished.
- Wipe off the equipment when finished.
Front Desk and Cubbies
- All patrons must show their current ID card before being allowed in the center.
- Cubbies are for daytime use only.
- All patrons are responsible for their own personal belongings brought into the Forrest Fitness Center. The fitness center staff and California Lutheran University is not liable for any lost or stolen items.
- Patrons must provide identification for use of items behind the front desk, and they must be checked out by an attendant.
- No individuals except Forrest Fitness Center employees and CLU Athletic Performance coaches are allowed behind the front desk unless granted specified permission.
Enforcement of the above policies is at the discretion of Forrest Fitness Center staff and CLU Athletic Performance staff. The Forrest Fitness Center reserves the right to refuse service to any user who violates any rule or regulation, or engages in any verbal and/or physical abuse of the Fitness Center staff or other users.
EXERCISE AT YOUR OWN RISK; THE FORREST FITNESS CENTER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED USE.