Tuition Overload Policy
Effective as of fall 2016 , full-time undergraduates may take 12 to 18 units each semester for the full-time tuition flat rate. Additional units over 18 will be billed on a per credit overload basis.
Cal Lutheran will provide one unit of overload tuition refund per semester, per student for the Group A courses listed below. All private and group fees still apply.
- Mus-113 Class Voice
- Mus-114 Class Piano
- Mus-116 Class Guitar
- Mus-140/340 Private Piano
- Mus-141/341 Private Organ
- Mus-142/342 Private Voice
- Mus-143/343 Private Strings (all)
- Mus-144/344 Private Woodwinds
- Mus-145/345 Private Brass
- Mus-146/346 Private Percussion
- Mus-147/347 Music Composition
In addition, Cal Lutheran will provide an overload tuition refund for students registered in any of the Group B courses listed below.
- Mus-150/350 Women’s Chorale
- Mus-160/360 Percussion Ensemble
- Mus-180/380 University Choir
- Mus-153/353 Wind Ensemble
- Mus-181/381 University Symphony
- Mus-154/354 Chamber Music
- Mus-155/355 Jazz Ensemble
- Mus-482 Chamber Winds
- TA- 152/352 Main Stage Productions
- TA-312, ESSM 112/312 Alexander Technique
A student has 18 units of coursework and a 2-unit Private Violin class for a total of 20 units. The student will receive one unit of tuition overload refund because they are enrolled in a class on the Group A list and will only be charge one unit of tuition overload.
A student has 18 units of coursework and a 1-unit Private Violin lesson and 1-unit of Jazz Ensemble for a total of 20 units. The student will receive two units of tuition overload refund, one for a qualifying course in Group A and one in Group B.
Tuition overload refunds will not be granted for any other coursework.