Administrative Position (exempt)
Position TitleWeb Media Producer- (CLOSED TO NEW APPLICANTS 1/1/13)
Salary ($US) and BenefitsSalary Range: $50,000 - $60,000
Basic FunctionCalifornia Lutheran University’s Office of Web Communications seeks a Web Media Producer to work in a collaborative team environment producing and editing audio, video and other multimedia programs to enhance the University’s electronic marketing and media communications efforts. This position reports to the Director of Web Communications.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, capturing and editing video footage, producing high-quality animation, special effects, and graphics; producing the audio portion of media programs; providing basic photography services including shooting, photo editing, and cataloging.
Representative Duties• Video production duties include filming a variety of interview and b-roll footage both in studio and on location, editing footage in Final Cut Pro for web delivery, audio capture and editing of soundtracks and dialogue, animation and motion graphics with Apple Motion and Adobe After Effects.
• Photography duties include covering campus events and individual portraits, photo editing and post-production, tagging and sorting photo collections, publishing and managing web-based photo catalog, assisting in the selection of photography for a variety of marketing projects.
• Organize video and photography asset collections, manage backups, and maintain equipment.
• Coordinate video projects with outside video production firms.
• Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge Of• Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro and/or Pro Tools, After Effects, Motion, Photoshop.
• Video editing concepts and techniques.
• Videography with both traditional camcorders and DSLRs.
• Video production techniques including storyboarding and script writing, camera operation, lighting, logging, and editing.
• Audio recording, mixing, and production.
• Photography and photo editing.
Ability To• Interact constructively with production team members and campus partners.
• Communicate effectively in person and in writing.
• Generate project concepts and translate concepts into high quality effective multimedia pieces.
• Demonstrate capability with multimedia technology, including the ability to select and produce the appropriate output formats.
• Work both independently and collaboratively.
• Meet project deadlines.
Education and Experience• Bachelor’s degree in media technology or related field, or equivalent combination of relevant training and experience.
• Three years experience in multimedia authoring and video production.
• Demonstrated skills in multimedia authoring and video production.
Frequently out of office at various locations on campus
• Seeing to read various materials and operate cameras and video editing software.
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person and on the telephone.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Ability to transport and carry media production equipment.
Application ProcedureEmployment application must be submitted in full, additionally, send resume with cover letter and names and phone numbers of three professional references to:
California Lutheran University
Human Resources, MC1100
60 W. Olsen Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Fax resume to (805) 493-3655 or