Support Staff Position (non-exempt)
Position TitleTemporary Financial Aid Operations Assistant (position ends 05/31/2013) - CLOSING 02/22/2013
Salary ($US) and BenefitsHiring Salary: $14.00
Basic FunctionUnder the supervision of the Director of Financial Aid, assist with front-line and operational support services for the office of Financial Aid.
Representative Duties• Greet office visitors and initiate and answer telephone calls; screen and refer calls and visitors to appropriate personnel; take messages as necessary.
• Assist primarily with review and management of student employment paperwork distributed to and from the front desk.
• Assist with student employment or financial aid related programming and events.
• Work with Financial Aid Coordinator and Financial Aid Specialist to lead pre-verification efforts and preparation of files prior to transfer to financial aid counselors.
• Coordinate with Financial Aid Counselors to assist in management of communicating follow-up to students with missing documentation.
• Respond to requests for information from students, faculty and staff regarding University programs, policies, procedures and regulations.
• Maintain a variety of records, logs and files including information of a confidential nature; maintain confidentiality of information and records.
• Verify data for accuracy, completeness and compliance with established procedures; input and retrieve computerized data in computer system as required.
• Assist Financial Aid Coordinator during peak periods to alleviate visitor/telephone overflow.
• Assist with scheduling appointments and maintaining calendar for professional staff.
• Operate a variety of office equipment such as computer, copier, fax and other office machines as assigned.
• Assist in the coordination of large direct mail projects; generate lists and labels from queries; generate mail merge letters.
• Assist financial aid team with special projects as assigned.
Knowledge Of• Record keeping techniques.
• Telephone techniques and etiquette.
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, courtesy and empathy.
• Operation of a computer terminal, data entry techniques and specified software including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, etc.).
• Datatel is preferred.
Ability To• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Work in a fast-paced, high-volume and confidential service environment while
providing exemplary customer service.
• Learn new concepts and adapt quickly to change; flexible
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Maintain records and prepare reports.
• Organize and prioritize work.
• Work confidentially and with discretion.
• Operate a computer and other office equipment.
Education and ExperienceAny combination equivalent to two years of college level course work and one year general office experience.
• Office environment.
• Constant interruptions.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person or on the telephone.
• Seeing to read a variety of materials.
Application ProcedureCompleted Application Packet includes:
• Cover letter outlining your qualifications for this particular job
Only complete packets will be forwarded to the search committee. Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com, or mail to:
California Lutheran University
Human Resources, MC1100
60 W. Olsen Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360