Support Staff Position (non-exempt)
Position TitleTemporary Financial Aid Operations Assistant (position ends 05/31/2013) - CLOSING 02/22/2013
Salary ($US) and BenefitsHiring Salary: $14.00
Basic FunctionUnder the supervision of the Director of Financial Aid, assist with front-line and operational support services for the office of Financial Aid.
Representative Duties• Greet office visitors and initiate and answer telephone calls; screen and refer calls and visitors to appropriate personnel; take messages as necessary.
• Assist primarily with review and management of student employment paperwork distributed to and from the front desk.
• Assist with student employment or financial aid related programming and events.
• Work with Financial Aid Coordinator and Financial Aid Specialist to lead pre-verification efforts and preparation of files prior to transfer to financial aid counselors.
• Coordinate with Financial Aid Counselors to assist in management of communicating follow-up to students with missing documentation.
• Respond to requests for information from students, faculty and staff regarding University programs, policies, procedures and regulations.
• Maintain a variety of records, logs and files including information of a confidential nature; maintain confidentiality of information and records.
• Verify data for accuracy, completeness and compliance with established procedures; input and retrieve computerized data in computer system as required.
• Assist Financial Aid Coordinator during peak periods to alleviate visitor/telephone overflow.
• Assist with scheduling appointments and maintaining calendar for professional staff.
• Operate a variety of office equipment such as computer, copier, fax and other office machines as assigned.
• Assist in the coordination of large direct mail projects; generate lists and labels from queries; generate mail merge letters.
• Assist financial aid team with special projects as assigned.
Knowledge Of• Record keeping techniques.
• Telephone techniques and etiquette.
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, courtesy and empathy.
• Operation of a computer terminal, data entry techniques and specified software including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, etc.).
• Datatel is preferred.
Ability To• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Work in a fast-paced, high-volume and confidential service environment while
providing exemplary customer service.
• Learn new concepts and adapt quickly to change; flexible
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Maintain records and prepare reports.
• Organize and prioritize work.
• Work confidentially and with discretion.
• Operate a computer and other office equipment.
Education and ExperienceAny combination equivalent to two years of college level course work and one year general office experience.
• Office environment.
• Constant interruptions.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person or on the telephone.
• Seeing to read a variety of materials.
Application ProcedureCompleted Application Packet includes:
• Cover letter outlining your qualifications for this particular job
Only complete packets will be forwarded to the search committee. Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com, or mail to:
California Lutheran University
Human Resources, MC1100
60 W. Olsen Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
California Lutheran University is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process can be provided to individuals with qualifying disabilities. Please contact the Human Resources Department for further information or to request an accommodation.