We will sign your I-20 for travel during the following times:
Monday - Friday, Dec 5- Dec 21
9am - 11:15am
1:30pm - 5:00pm
Thursday Dec 13
1:30pm – 5:00pm
Travel Advisory – CLU International Students
If you are traveling outside the U.S., please ensure:
- You fill out the “Intention to Travel” form and present to Juanita or Linda
- Your I-20 is signed for travel (each time you leave the U.S. and plan to return)
- You take all your travel documents with you and keep in a secure place
- You have any required visas for the destination country (if you’re not traveling to your home country). You should check that country’s website for visa requirements between your country and theirs. Note this includes Mexico and Canada.
- Your passport is good for at least another 6 months when you plan to return
- Your visa will not expire prior to returning to the U.S.
- When you return for the next academic term, please check in with our office and bring copies of any new travel documents.
If you need to renew your visa while out of the country, please obtain:
- A copy of the classes you are scheduled to take next term (obtain from web-advisor)
- Your current transcript (from web-advisor)
- A letter of support from Juanita (by appointment) or drop by to see Linda
Please note: If your visa is going to expire over the winter break, only renew it if you are planning to travel outside the country. Your I-94 is stamped with “D/S” which means you are okay to remain in U.S. with your current visa for the “Duration of Status” as an F-1 student. This includes OPT. Your visa can only be renewed outside the U.S. and it must be current to re-enter the U.S.