Certificate in Financial Planning
In addition to the MBA in Financial Planning and Master of Science in Financial Planning degrees, we offer a certificate-only program for candidates who wish to work towards the CFP® certification in a graduate studies framework.
- Accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- USDLA-award-winning online classes
- Access to nationally-recognized faculty with degrees and industry certifications
- Listed as one of the Top Schools in November issue of Financial Planning Magazine
- Multiple program entry points within the academic year
- The ability to take classes fully online.
- Flexibility that accommodates the needs of the full-time working adult
- Cal Lutheran’s Certificate program in Financial Planning is registered by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. (CFP Board) in Washington DC.
Program Completion Time
On average, students complete this certificate program in about 18 months by taking one course per term.
- Introduction to Financial Planning
- Tax Management and Strategy
- Employee Benefits and Retirement Planning
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Principles of Estate Planning
- Financial Principles and Policies
- Investment and Portfolio Management
- Capstone Course in Financial Planning
- A completed online application and non-refundable application fee
- Graduate Program Advisement with an admission counselor
- Official Transcript(s) from a regionally accredited college or university verifying the applicant’s bachelor’s degree or equivalent with an acceptable GPA.
- Two Academic or Professional Recommendations
Tuition & Fees
The Financial Planning Certificate allows professionals to continue graduate-level study at a significantly discounted rate - approximately 40 percent less than the regular MBA tuition.
|$695 per credit
|$60 per term
|Late Registration Fee
for registration submitted after the add/drop deadline
|Late Transaction Fee
for employer reimbursement applications
received after the second week of the semester
Additional fees may apply, refer to the Registrar's site
All fees are subject to change without notice. The University reserves the right to change, delete or add to this pricing schedule as deemed appropriate. Transcripts and diploma will not be released for any student who has an outstanding balance owed to Cal Lutheran.
The CFP® Board is a nonprofit professional regulatory organization that requires education,
ethics requirements, examination, and experience for CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER®
certificants. Along with completing the financial planning coursework and passing
the CFP® Certification Examination, the CFP® Board also requires successful CFP® certificants
to have financial planning-related work experience and adhere to their Code of Ethics
and Professional Responsibility.
The MBA and Certificate program in Financial Planning is registered by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. (CFP Board) in Washington DC. Candidates who plan to sit for the CFP Certification Examination must successfully complete a CFP Board-Registered Program.