Certificate in Information Technology
The Certificate in IT Management is a four course, affordable option for professionals who need to gain or upgrade their IT skills to meet current market demands focusing on the managerial aspects of information technology.
This program is suitable for students who would like to become IT Managers, IT Project Managers, IT Consultants, IT Strategists, Chief Information Officers (CIO), or Chief Technology Officers (CTO) among others.
You will be prepared to create IT strategies that support the business, innovate with IT, and manage projects, as well as develop and maintain the IT architecture and infrastructure of an organization.
- A completed application form and non-refundable application fee
- Evidence of an interview with an admission counselor
- Official transcripts showing a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution. Normally, a grade point average of approximately 3.0 or higher in upper division undergraduate work is expected
After completing the certificate program in IT Management, students will be able to:
- Understand the methods used to design and implement IT solutions in modern organizations
- Learn how to manage IT strategically in order to gain or sustain competitive advantage and business value
- Design the IT governance, architecture and infrastructure in modern organizations
- Learn about project management phases, knowledge areas, tools and techniques and their applications
- Strategically manage emergent technologies in modern organizations
Program Completion Time
The certificate can be completed in as little as six months, and is based on a sequence of four 3-unit graduate courses for a total of twelve credits. This requires enrollment for at least two terms, based on 11-week term schedules. The completion time does not account for any pre-requisite courses a student may need.
The program requires a background rooted in general business, computer programming and quantitative tools.
The curriculum consists of four courses total. The following are required courses:
Students will also choose any two of the electives below:
Tuition & Fees
|Tuition||Alumni: $450 per credit
Non-Alumni: $555 per credit
|Technology Fee||$55 per term
$275 maximum per academic year
|Application Fee||$25 online
|Late Registration Fee
for registration submitted after the add/drop deadline
|Late Transaction Fee
for employer reimbursement applications
received after the second week of the semester
|Transcript Fee||$5.00 minimum
Additional fees may apply, refer to the Registrar's site
All fees are subject to change without notice. The University reserves the right to change, delete or add to this pricing schedule as deemed appropriate. Transcripts and diploma will not be released for any student who has an outstanding balance owed to Cal Lutheran.