For First-Year Students
You're looking for the right fit, and we're looking for dedication and passion.
Our admission staff carefully reviews each application to make sure applicants are a good match for Cal Lutheran. Decisions are largely based on high school GPA in a college-prep curriculum, standardized test scores, a personal recommendation, and a personal statement presenting your ability to effectively form and articulate thoughts in writing.
Optional SAT and ACT Test Scores
We accept both the SAT and the ACT. If you submit more than one SAT score, we use the highest individual verbal score and the highest individual math score from all tests in our evaluations.
Similarly, we use the highest subject scores from all submitted ACT score reports. Cal Lutheran also grants college credit for Advanced Placement test scores.
Minimum Required High School Coursework
- English: 4 years
- Math: 3 years (including Algebra II), 4 years preferred
- Foreign Language: at least 2 years of the same language
- Social Studies: 2 years
- Lab Science: 2 years required, 3 years highly recommended
In addition to the measure of achievement and aptitude as indicated by transcripts and test scores, there are other factors which are considered in the admission process:
- Teacher recommendations
- Excellence in co-curricular activities
- Seriousness of purpose as evidenced through work, travel experiences, and/or contributions to home, and school and community.
We are looking for students who are balanced in their pursuits, who have been successful in those pursuits, and who have proven that they are ready for the rigors of the four-year college level.