Common Questions

For Transfer Students

En español

General Questions

Do I need to submit the secondary school report as a transfer?
No, the secondary school report is not a required form to complete your transfer application.

Do I have to put my parent's information on my application?
As a transfer student, you are not required to put your parent's information; however, students are encouraged to fill out as much of the application as you feel comfortable. If you choose not to enter any parent information, you must enter "Unknown" in the Parent 1 Type.

I am a transfer student who attended more than one college, where do I add my additional colleges?
In the Common Application, under the Education section, Click on Colleges & Universities. You will be asked the following question: "If you have taken a college/university course beginning with 9th grade, please indicate number of colleges". Once you select the number of additional schools attended, you will be able to enter the college information.

I have submitted my Common Application but I don't see that Cal Lutheran has downloaded it, does that mean you don't have it?
No, just because we have not downloaded it, does not mean that it was not submitted to Cal Lutheran. During high volume periods, it takes time to process application materials. Feel free to contact our office if you have any questions regarding your application status.

Registrar Section

In the Registrar Section, whose information do I put in the Invite Registrar online form?
Although Cal Lutheran does not require the Registrar’s Report, you will not be able to submit the Common Application until you complete the Invite form in this section. We recommend putting a staff member from the Registrar's Office (or Student Records Office) from your most recent/current school for this section.

I filled out the Registrar Invite section, do I still need to request official transcripts?
Yes, filling out the Registrar section does not necessarily request your official transcripts. Be sure to check with each college individually to ensure you have requested your official transcripts.

Academic Evaluator Section

What should I enter for the Academic Evaluator section?
The Academic Evaluator is someone who can provide a letter of recommendation for you. This should come from a professor or counselor.

How is my Academic Evaluator supposed to submit my letter of recommendation?
Once you add their contact information to the Academic Evaluator section, they will get an email from Common Application that will give them the opportunity to fill out the recommendation form online, submit a letter by mail or email a letter to our admission office. We do not require any specific recommendation form for this component.

If I have already sent my letter of recommendation directly to your school (or intend to do so) do I still need to fill out the Academic Evaluator section?
Yes, in order to complete your Common Application and be able to submit it, you do need to assign an Academic Evaluator. Feel free to tell your Academic Evaluator to disregard the email sent by Common Application if they have already sent one or plan to send one offline.

Additional Forms Section

Cal Lutheran does not require any of the additional forms to complete your application. This includes the Final Report, Mid-term Report, and Registrar Report. You can skip this section of the Common Application when applying to Cal Lutheran.