Dedicated to supporting current and future entrepreneurs, the Steven Dorfman Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship supports students, faculty, alumni, and the community around us. We do this through a broad portfolio of programs and activities, including:
- Minor in Entrepreneurship - accessible to all majors at Cal Lutheran who want to know how the can turn passions into reality.
- MBA Emphasis Area - for those who are interested in innovation and entrepreneurship inside and outside the corporate world.
- New Venture Fair and Competition - our annual signature event where students compete over cash prizes.
- Dorfman Incubator Grants - provides generous funding, with an educational twist, for early stage startups.
- Entrepreneurs-in-Residence - seasoned founders who “have been there, done that” mentor students and community members.
- Startup CLU / Entrepreneurship Student Club - inspires undergraduate and graduate students with events and activities.
- Hub101, a Community Startup Space that includes a full-service co-work space, offices, classrooms, and event spaces where startups can operate, collaborate and seek expert help.
In 2021, a generous donation by Steven Dorfman, former CEO of Hughes Space & Communications enabled us to appoint our first Endowed Professor of Practice in Entrepreneurship.
How to Get Involved
We want to become both the educational and community hub for entrepreneurs in the area. Learn how you get involved and make that happen. Learn more
New Venture Fair
The New Venture Fair is designed to give students an understanding of what it’s like to start their own business. Learn more
Designed to inspire entrepreneurial thinking throughout the student body, building and fortifying skills needed to pitch and maintain a successful startup. Learn more
Resources for Entrepreneurs
There are a variety of local resources — many of them based in our Center — to help with your start-up. Check them out! Find resources