College of Arts & Sciences
The Theatre & Dance Department at Cal Lutheran is dedicated to providing students with both artistic and scholastic foundations to prepare them for a prosperous life and career in the theatrical and multimedia fields.
We offer a series of fundamental and advanced courses in theatre along with numerous performance and technical opportunities in our highly regarded Mainstage, Blackbox, and film productions. Students participate in a yearly average of four major productions, including classics, contemporary pieces, musicals, original films, improvisational theatre, and the student Blackbox series.
Upcoming Theatre Events
Cal Lutheran-General Box Office Information
- We will close all online sales for Monday-Thursday performances by noon on the day of the show. If the show is removed from the website before noon, then tickets are no longer available.
- For Friday-Sunday performances, online sales for the weekend close on Fridays by noon. Please buy your tickets early!
- The remaining tickets are sold only in person on the day of the performance at the box office. The box office accepts payment in the form of cash or check, no credit cards.
- An "out of stock" message indicates that the show is sold out.
- The box office opens 1 hour before curtain and is staffed by Campus Services.
- Tickets can only be claimed on the day of the performance during box office hours.
- The box office will have a waiting list if the show is sold out.
- All unclaimed tickets will be released 5 minutes prior to show start time.
- Seating is first come, first serve. No reserved seating available.
Fall 2019 Upcoming Shows
The Wolves by Sarah Delappe Preus-Brandt Forum
Directed by Hailey Schaffner
Thursday to Saturday, Oct. 24-26 at 8 pm
Sunday, Oct. 27 at 2 pm
Fuenteovejuna or Like Sheep to Water
by Félix Lope De Vega y Carpio
Black Box Studio Theatre
Directed by Michael J. Arndt
Thursday to Saturday, Nov. 14-16 and 21-23 at 8 pm
Sunday, Nov. 24 at 2 pm