Cal Lutheran summer campus are sponsored by the University as well as outside organizations. Please contact the outside organizations directly for more information and reservations. Please check back in May and early June as more camps may be added! 2019 camp list will be available later this spring.
- Camp TURTLE ROCK catalogue 2-page application
A traditional day camp for ages 5 to 13, activities include sports, swimming, marine science, computer lab, fossil digs, hiking, archery, arts and crafts, rock wall, theme days and extended care hours from 7:30am to 5:30 p.m. 805-375-2267
- Art of the Masters Summer Camp for Middle School Students (entering 6th-8th graders)
Students will explore the lives and artistic techniques of four great art masters, create four original art pieces in the style of each master and explore their techniques using various mediums. June 24-27. 9 am-12:30 pm. Register online. Contact: Erica Pochis-Woelflein @ firstname.lastname@example.org or (805) 493-3705.
- Read2Write Summer Camp for Middle School Students (5th-8th graders)
Students will develop time management and organizational skills to achieve greater success in the classroom. Skills learned include note taking, test taking and Google Apps for Education. August 5-8. 9 am to 12:30 pm. Register online. Contact: Erica Pochis-Woelflein @ email@example.com or (805) 493-3705.
Finding Your Creative Voice: Creative Writer's Camps for Middle School Students.. (entering 5th-8th graders). July 29-August 1. 9 am-12:30 pm. Register online. Contact: Erica Pochis-Woelflein @ firstname.lastname@example.org or (805) 493-3705.
- Snapshots & Scribbles (entering 3rd-5th graders) Students will explore photography and write short creative pieces. June 17-20. 9 am-12:30 pm. Register online. Contact: Erica Pochis-Woelflein @ email@example.com or (805) 493-3705.
- Writing Inspired by Art (students age 7-10) Focuses on inspiring life-long writers through literature, writing and art. June 17-20 and June 24-27. 9 am-12:30 pm. Register online. Contact: Erica Pochis-Woelflein @ firstname.lastname@example.org or (805) 493-3705.
High School Summer Philosophy Institute
June 17-21 (M-F). 9 am-12:30 pm. Open to Ventura and LA County high school students. A week-long academy for students who are interested in philosophy and engaging in philosophical discussions. The theme this year is Political Philosophy! There is a $25 fee. Apply online by May 17. Limited enrollment. Contact: Dr. Brian Collins @ email@example.com or phone (715) 222-9114.
iD Tech Camps – America's #1 Tech Camp
iD Tech Camps, held at Cal Lutheran, is the World's #1 summer tech camp for ages 7-17. Students develop apps, create video games, program in C++ and Java, build robots, and more. This summer, your student can code a mobile app., design their own video game, produce a viral video or discover the secrets of AI. Whatever their passion, iD Tech Camps offers an expansive lineup of courses to kick-start their future in tech. In each weeklong, 9 AM - 5 PM session, your child will explore a prestigious campus, create an impressive project, and build skills that last long after summer.
- Multiliteracy Youth Writing Camp (Note: N/A in July 2018 or 2019. May return in July 2020)
- Kingsmen Summer Theater Camps
The Cal Lutheran Drama Department hosts Camp Shakespeare for students between the ages of 8 and 16 years. High school and college students who are eligible for the Apprentice Program have an opportunity to work with the Kingsmen professional company and perform in the Shakespeare Festival.
Cal Lutheran Camps
- CLU Sports Camps
Cal Lu sponsored camps for both elite high school athletes and youth players are led by Cal Lutheran coaches, staffed by current collegiate players and held at our state-of-the-art complex. Sports include football, soccer, volleyball, tennis and basketball.
- Cal Lutheran Youth Basketball Camp
Boys and girls, ages 5 to 13 learn the fundamentals of ball handling, passing, shooting, offense and defense through instruction and games. Staffed by Cal Lutheran coaches. Lu Dog Basketball (no longer active.)
- Lu-Dawg Baseball
Boys and girls, ages 6 to14, learn baseball fundamentals and techniques through personal instruction and games. Staffed by Cal Lutheran coaches and collegiate players.
- Please see the summer camp list above for the many groups hosting an overnight or day camp, clinics, classes and academies on our campus.