ASCENSO Hispanic Fellowship
ASCENSO stands for Access, Success, Community, Equity, Network-building, Support and Opportunity. The Hispanic Fellowship program promotes the growth of advocacy, support, and awareness of social justice issues impacting Hispanic communities in Ventura County.
Through this program students serve as advocates for the Hispanic community by reaching out to representatives from County agencies and departments to research different services and policies and their impact on the Hispanic community. Students also raise awareness of important issues and directly influence systemic change.
This program was funded by the Amgen Foundation.
- Aid in the growth of awareness around persistent issues perpetuating inequities for Hispanic students, families, and communities.
- Explore tangible solutions through research and communication with the community, community leaders, and mentors.
- Increase student communication, advocacy, and leadership skills, while helping strengthen the understanding and cooperation needed to build an equitable society for all, with an emphasis on justice for Hispanic people.
ASCENSO Hispanic Scholar Benefits
- $4,000 Fellowship Award
- Professional Mentorship
- Engagement with Community Leaders
Projects Cohort 2023
1. What are the Health Inequalities that 3rd age Latinx face in Ventura County - Alejandro Loza
How to Apply
- Completed application form
- Statement of purpose
- Cal Lutheran transcript (unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
- At least one professional /academic reference or request an interview over Zoom.
Applications are currently closed.
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org