Collaborative for Hispanics in Higher Education & Student Success
Project CHESS Men's Initiative
Collaborative for Hispanics In Higher Education and Student Success
The Project CHESS Men's Initiative program is a collaborative project of California Lutheran University and Moorpark College. Together we support men of color pursuing higher education degrees while also enriching their personal, academic, and professional development. Participants of Project CHESS are welcomed into a community of students who communally mentor one another as they navigate their university career. Through this program Cal Lutheran students become academic, career and life mentors for first and second year Cal Lutheran and Moorpark college students.
Together we build a supportive community that helps students connect with peers of similar backgrounds, while also helping students build academic confidence, explore careers, and increase graduation rates of historically minoritized men of color.
Project CHESS is now accepting applications for the 2022-2023 cohort!
Applications are open until May 31, 2022.
Questions? Send an email to email@example.com
Project CHESS Men's Initiative Activities
- Students will participate in a weekly group designed to develop mentorship skills,
leadership skills, and self-awareness.
- Group topics include: Mentoring & Communication Skills, Emotional-Intelligence and Leadership, SMART Goals, Time Management and more!
- Students will be matched with a first or second year Moorpark College student mentee and develop mentorship skills in action.
- Students will enjoy a series of career development workshops designed to prepare participants
for internships, job placement, and networking opportunities.
- Workshops include: Resume Building, LinkedIn Profile & Headshots, Interview Skills, Business Etiquette, and more!
- Students will have the opportunity to enjoy a variety of social events where students can enjoy dinners, movie nights, field trips and more!