Embracing Global Perspectives

Travel Insurance

Anyone* traveling internationally on California Lutheran University-sponsored travel is automatically covered by the EIIA International Travel Program. The EIIA Program is supplemental coverage and is not intended to replace the traveler's primary insurance coverage. The plan provides:

  • Broad emergency medical insurance coverage
  • A host of travel assistance services
  • No special registration required
  • Unlimited personal sojourn coverage
*Note : If the traveler is using the passport of the destination country, then the internatinal coverage does not apply.  


EIIA Quick Reference

                                                                        Contact Information

Toll free in the US or Canada:
(855) 901-6712 
Collect Outside of the US:
+1 (240) 330-1551


Travel Assistance
EIIA has partnered with GardaWorld and Generali Global Assistance to develop the EIIA International Travel Program. Whether it is a personal emergency or a global catastrophe, this full-spectrum service is your lifeline, providing broad insurance coverage and critical assistance while you travel abroad on any institution-sponsored trip. A single phone number provides 24/7 access to assistance and medical personnel, regardless of the time zone. 

How do I register?
You’re already registered! If you are a student, full-time faculty or staff member of a member institution, you’re automatically covered when traveling on institution-sponsored trips.

My family is traveling with me. Are they covered?
Spouses and dependents enjoy the same broad coverage when traveling with you. Remember to confirm in advance, however, if the type of university-business allows for dependents to participate on the program.

I’d like to stay a little longer. Am I still covered?
Yes. In fact, our built-in unlimited personal sojourn coverage means you can arrive early or stay on for as long as you would like before or after the institution-sponsored event. Either way, you retain your full coverage, with just a few exceptions outlined in the policy. You are even covered if you travel to other countries while on a pre/post-business personal sojourn.

What if my trip plans change unexpectedly?
Review the insurance policy for details as only limited causes are covered for trip cancellation and/or interruption. Be mindful when budgeting for your travel to include potential unexpected financial needs related to travel. The University does not permit the purchase of flight insurance unless approved as part of travel in the  Essential Travel classification .  

EIIA International Program Summary

EIIA International Program FAQs

Medical Reimbursement Claim Form

Trip Cancelation or Interruption Claim Form