Now accepting applications for Juniors (Third Year or Transfer) in STEM.*
Checklist for Items Required in Student Application
(Download Application PDF below for specifics):
- McNair Scholars application information (see below).
- Statement of Purpose to be submitted along with your application.
- Who are you? What do you want to do? Why do you want to join McNair? Why are you the right candidate? What’s in your future?
- Recommendations Form: Identify one (1) faculty at minimum to write a recommendation
letter on your behalf.
- Included in the application, complete the top portion of the Faculty recommendation form.
- Provide the completed recommendation form to the person(s) who will write your letters.
- Email the contact information of your letter writers to McNairScholars@callutheran.edu
- Have the recommender Faculty/Staff scan and email the form to McNairScholars@callutheran.edu
- Financial Information. Gather the following attachments to be submitted along with
- College transcript from each institution you have attended, including Cal Lutheran (unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
- Copy of your financial aid award letter
- Signed Income Verification form or copy of FAFSA
- Submit your portion of the application with attachments for consideration.
- Follow up to confirm with Faculty/Staff that recommendations were submitted.
*STEM applicants for Spring 2021 must be first-generation college students and meet income requirements.