Checklist for Items Required in Student Application
(Download Application PDF below for specifics):
- McNair Scholars application information.
- Statement of Purpose to be submitted along with your application.
- Recommendations Form: Identify two (2) individuals to write recommendation letters
on your behalf.
- Complete the top portion of the recommendation form (included with application)
- Provide the completed recommendation forms to the persons who will write your letters.
- Email the contact information of your letter writers to McNairScholars@callutheran.edu
- Have the recommender Faculty/Staff scan and email the form to McNairScholars@callutheran.edu
- Financial Information. Gather the following attachments to be submitted along with
- College transcript from each institution you have attended, including Cal Lutheran (unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
- Copy of your financial aid award letter
- Signed Income Verification form or copy of FAFSA
- Follow up to confirm with Faculty/Staff that recommendations were submitted.
Applications are considered on a rolling basis until all slots are filled.
For more information, contact:
Dr. Janet Awokoya, McNair Scholars Program Director
Phone: (805) 493-3047
Office: 114 Swenson