A perspective of assessment at CLU is portrayed in CLU's Assessment System diagram:
The diagram shows how:
- We structure data collection and gather direct and indirect evidence of educational effectiveness at various levels of the University;
- Communication and reflection occur through meetings and events;
- This reflection leads to informed decision making and planning; and
- This action returns the cycle to begin the system again.
In summary, CLU’s Assessment System is:
- An ongoing process in harmony with CLU’s Mission and Student Learning Outcomes.
- Informed by the Strategic Plan goals that guide academic and administration members to set targeted goals and systematically review progress towards achieving those goals.
- Captured in the Program Review process.
- Communicated at the annual Assessment Symposium.