The needs of today's students with hearing loss are changing as technology and evidence-based best practices allow parents and teachers to provide individualized and comprehensive options.
On campus, part-time course load, evening and weekend classes, Summer start
Fall and Spring 15-week semesters, and Summer session
$745 per unit
$29,800 base cost
|Cal Grant & TEACH Grant available
This program blends scientific research with practical application, offering heightened effectiveness. Upon completion of the program candidates will be eligible for the Preliminary Education Specialist Credential with a Deaf and Hard of Hearing Specialty offered by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
Receive a program brochure and financial aid options.
Master's Degree Option
Upon completion of the Preliminary credential program, you can take these courses to earn the M.S. in the Education of the Deaf degree:
- EDGN 509 Introduction to Educational Research
- EDGN 510 Educational Research Design and Methodology
- EDGN 599 Thesis Research
- Students gain experience and skills in spoken language development, aural habilitation, inclusion, literacy and supporting families.
- Candidates who meet Internship Credential requirements may complete their program under the Internship Option.
- Designed to accommodate working professionals, classes are offered evenings and weekends at our Woodland Hills campus.
- Faculty is comprised of highly-regarded practicing professionals.
I love the fact that we cover everything from working with babies to working with high school students. It expands your options and provides a broader look at the possibilities when teaching students who are deaf and hard of hearing.