Yellow Ribbon University
As a participating institution in the Yellow Ribbon Program, Cal Lutheran will fund tuition and fee expenses that exceed what is covered by the Post-9/11 GI Bill.
The Yellow Ribbon Program was established by the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. This program allows colleges and universities to voluntarily enter into an agreement with the VA to fund tuition and fee expenses that exceed the benefits payable under the Post-9/11 GI Bill.
- After the maximum cap for the Post-9/11 GI Bill for a private institution has been reached, Cal Lutheran will contribute 50% of remaining tuition and fees and the VA will match that amount.
- The Yellow Ribbon Award replaces institutional aid and provides funds up to the cost of tuition and fees during the standard academic year. (Summer courses in the traditional undergraduate program are not covered by the Yellow Ribbon Program.)
- Veterans entitled to the Post 9/11 GI Bill at the maximum benefit rate, as determined by service requirements, or their designated transferees may receive this funding.
- Yellow Ribbon is available on a first come first serve basis for qualified students. Cal Lutheran accepts an unlimited number of eligible students.
- You must submit your Certificate of Eligibility along with a copy of DD-214 or Transfer of Entitlement Letter.
For further information or questions regarding your financial aid package or the Yellow Ribbon Program, please email email@example.com.