Resources for Veterans
Here is where you’ll find information, contacts and resources for a variety of support services for our veteran and dependent students. If you do not find what you’re looking for, contact the Veterans Coordinator.
- Vet NETAlly Program - a network of faculty, staff, and administrators committed to creating a welcoming and supportive campus environment for military service members and veterans.
- Counseling Services – confidential, free counseling for students
- Disability Services – providing access and accommodations for qualified students with various disabilities.
- Career Services – a lifelong benefit to all Cal Lutheran students, offering career guidance and placement.
- Veterans Club - open to any student who is a US military veteran, active or reserve member of the US armed forces, military dependent, or any other interested student.
- Social Media – connect with the veteran community at Cal Lutheran on Facebook and Instagram.
- The Writing Center – personalized assistance with all types of writing projects. Appointments available in person or online.
- Financial Aid - meet with a financial aid counselor who will work with you individually to help maximize your financial aid award and guide you through the decision-making process.
- Veterans Website VETS.gov
- Debt management center 800-827-0648
- VA education hotline 888-442-4551
- Veteran Crisis Line 800-273-825
- Ventura County Veteran’s Services 805-477-5155
- Women Veteran’s hotline 1-855-VA-WOMEN (1-855-829-6636)
- Military OneSource - Great online resources for everyone. Counseling for active duty, reserves and their dependents, as well as career resources.
- Veteran Health Resource - Online resource to being awareness to mesothelioma. Mesothelioma is a rare but deadly cancer caused by asbestos and veterans are at especially high risk.
- Brain Injury Center of Ventura County - For brain injury (whether caused by a trauma to the head, stroke, illness or tumor) survivors and their family/support system.
- Red Cross Reconnection Workshops are held in small groups and facilitated by licensed, trained Red Cross mental health professionals to help service members reconnect with their families and reintegrate into civilian life. Download Information Brochure (PDF) and Workshop Request Form (PDF).
- H.O.P.E. for Warriors - "Horses Healing Heroes with Honor" is an equine assisted psychotherapy program, a certified EAGALA Military Services Provider, using horses experientially for emotional growth and healing. Download Information Brochure (PNG).
- Ventura County Service Office
- Gold Coast Veterans Foundation
- Simi Valley VFW Museum
- Team Red, White, and Blue - Connects veterans with each other and the community through positive activities that foster authentic relationships and camaraderie. Ventura County is creating a chapter and will hold events like: running, hiking, rock climbing, boxing, laser tag, golf, billiards, networking and much more! Join the Team and you can receive a free Nike Dri Fit T-shirt and start to get connected with other veterans in the area. Like Team RWB Ventura on Facebook to keep updated on upcoming events!
- American Legion Post 283- The American Legion was chartered by Congress in 1919 as a patriotic veteran’s organization. Focusing on service to veterans, service members and communities, the Legion evolved from a group of war-weary veterans of World War I into one of the most influential nonprofit groups in the United States. If you would like to join, please visit the website or contact the Cal Lutheran Veterans Office for more information.
- Ventura County Veterans Court is seeking mentors to participate in Veterans Intervention Program. Download an Information Brochure (PDF).
- Camarillo Library is looking for volunteers to help out in their new Veteran Resource Center contact email@example.com.
- Penal Code 1170.9 may be applicable to your case if you are facing criminal charges to help you seek treatment instead of incarceration. Download Information Brochure (PNG).