VET NET Ally
The VET NET Ally program is an education and awareness program that develops a network of faculty, staff, and administrators committed to creating a welcoming and supportive campus environment for military service members and veterans that study at California Lutheran University.
VET NET Ally Goals
- To support the academic freedom and professional, personal, and social success of service members and veterans.
- To provide support, information, and assistance for service members and veterans.
- To respect the right to privacy and confidentiality of veterans and service members in accordance with the Confidentiality Statement in the VET NET Ally Handbook.
- To create a welcoming environment for service members and veterans at Cal Lutheran by having Allies across campus display their VET NET Ally symbols at their workstations.
What is an Ally?
An ally works to end oppression and discrimination through support and advocacy.
- Educate themselves and others about their own privileges and biases.
- Stay committed and active in creating equality.
- Act as a “safe person” for members of underrepresented groups.
- Create and promote inclusive and welcoming environments.
- Work to confront negative attitudes and unequal treatment of people based on their sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, race, class, ability, age, spirituality, and other personal and cultural characteristics.
- Model self-awareness in their behaviors and attitudes.
- Model self-compassion and compassion toward others.
For questions or more information, please contact the Veterans Coordinator at email@example.com or call (805) 493–3648.
Interested in becoming a VET NET Ally?
The Veterans Office holds yearly VET NET Ally trainings for faculty, staff, and GSOE candidates. Trainings are typically scheduled during the spring and fall semesters. To find out when the next training will take place, please contact the Veterans Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.